Monday, June 8, 2015

Climbing The Health Ladder or Ways To Go Crazy

It's been a rough, rough, rough past few days. We changed my diabetes meds, and I'm going through a drastic "adjustment period," as the doctor so nicely put it. That's because, of course, he's not going through it.

Just to add to the general stress of it all, my insurance company -- the one I was so proud of for insuring me for the first time in my life -- denied my new drug. It's so frustrating. The rotten thing is working, I'm enduring this danged adjustment period, and they won't pay. No explanation for why they won't pay. They just won't pay. I'm appealing the decision. And I have enough samples for a couple of weeks. I certainly can't afford it if they don't pay for it. So I might be doing the whole danged adjustment over with a new drug.

No writing for the past two weeks. That is also annoying, but I can't seem to find the concentration necessary to hold a story in my head. Part of the adjustment, apparently, and it will get better, they say, and soon I will be writing again, I hope. Yeah, a lot of commas in that sentence. Want to make something of it?

Okay, I'm a bit grumpy, too.

But I am doing To-Do lists again and getting things done. Not as much as I once did, but it's getting better. I'm hoping that in a couple of months I will rev up enough to make people jealous again. Or at least keep up with them.

This week:
- Household chores.
- Family newsletter.
- WRITE!

Have a great week, whether you want to or not!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I Amy be going though something similar for both my prescriptions this time around. They do the job, but it looks like Tricare has taken one off the formulary, and the news on the other one is confusing. I think I did the paperwork run around on it last time, but I don't know if I have to do it again this year or not.

Post a Comment