Sunday, February 7, 2016

Decluttering Progress

I'm seeing more and more of the parlor. I've broken it down into tasks and have used a week at a time on my Service card to begin knocking those tasks out. I pulled the filing out this week and got it taken care of for 2015. As I clear each area, I strive to keep it from getting cluttered again (the work table and desk will be more challenging).

I printed tax forms and pertinent instruction pages. Mr. L is already planning for the Hershey trip, but at least he involved me in the planning stages this year. He's done that in the past, but I felt like he was more interested in what I had to say this year.

Sapphire seems resigned to submitting to being petted before I let her out of the cage in the morning. She's been easier to catch to put back in at night for the last two nights. I want her out of the cage during the day, because she plays, interacts with the other cats, and has an opportunity to choose to interact with us. She's interested, but still fearful.

Sneaky is still fending off unwelcome interest from Ajax and sometimes Daphne. Lady has kept her distance, but we watch carefully to ensure all three of them don't gang up on her. She has ventured upstairs, but she spends most of her time downstairs.

I have 854 words on Carmen's story (no idea about a title yet). It's probably not a good idea to have my person with the secret being the POV character. Sigh.

Health issues are running rampant among my friends. A friend's wife succumbed to melanoma which had spread to her internal organs earlier this week. Another online friend wasn't expected to live, then pulled through and is now in rehab. Several other friends have concerns, and, of course, Mr. L's ongoing issues which are not completely resolved even though he is somewhat better.

I've completed the most important aspects of Central Texas winter yardwork. The perimeter hedges are trimmed and pruned. I took care of the side yard island today. I'll begin chipping away at the front yard island this week. It's really overgrown, because I haven't been able to work on it for at least the last two years. 

The week ahead:

  • Lady and Tarzan are due for annual exams and shots.
  • Mr. L wants to go to Temple this week, so that will probably be on Wednesday
  • Work on the front yard island
  • Crunch aluminum cans

1 comment:

SBB said...

You've done much! I always admire how productive you are. It's amazing!

Post a Comment