Saturday, January 30, 2016

Holding Pattern

Cats are doing well. Sneaky seemed depressed for the first couple of days she was in the house this week, but today, she is moving around more and settling in to her new lifestyle. I was going to take her outside this morning, but she wouldn't come out of the fireplace. I didn't push her. She can go out another time. Then I saw her playing.

sneaky


Sapphire is spending time running the parlor and kitchen. She isn't interested in letting us approach her, but the price of freedom is snuggling in the morning.

Mr. L feels better...and worse. He's still not quite right, but he doesn't know what's going on. He has been able to putter around. I thought he might be able to drive to San Antonio for his blood test on Monday, but he may not feel up to it. If that's the case, I'll drive him down and back the same day. If he does feel up to it, he'll likely drive down Monday morning and come back Tuesday or Wednesday, depending upon how long it takes to get his energy back. We have to discuss it yet, but there's no point in doing so until he knows how he feels, which means I'll find out Monday morning.

Mr. L has everything working on his new laptop and is transferring data files over. The replacement from Delorme worked great. It's amazing how things load when the disk isn't defective (as in, empty of files).

After having no pigeons at the house for a couple of years, they seem to have returned. In force. I'm looking at at least eight in the tree outside the window now. Sapphire is fascinated! She can slap the glass and send the whole flock from the ground to the trees. It's awesome.

I love my new printer and it's ability to print in duplex mode. Mr. L likes to duplex things himself, so he eschews that feature. I prefer to let the machine do it, he has his printers upstairs, and this is mostly my printer downstairs, so I got the duplexer. I still let him connect his laptop to it. He doesn't have to use the full duplex capability.  So, there!

We had beautiful weather this past week, so I trimmed the bases of the crape myrtles. They will be so much easier to deal with this summer as a result. I'll finish the last of them tomorrow. Then I'll find the next bit of winter yard work to do. Those are the most important, so I'm thankful to be (nearly) finished with them.

Most of my writing has been non-fiction this week. I've been adding essential oils posts to my auto-responder series. Just realized there's another one I need to add before the series gets too far along, so I'll work on that one next.

I have an inkling of an idea for a story. Carmen and her dead husband, Richard. Not sure how it's going to develop. It may be irreverent. Maybe that's a good thing.

I realized if I'm going to contribute to Blackbirds Third Flight, I need to get everything written, revised, and approved before early April. That doesn't give me much time. To fit Mr. L's schedule of going to the New Braunfels Swap Meet at the end of the month, I need to have my knee done on April 12th (It's a long walk home from the hospital otherwise).  Since I know I won't be worth a darn for writing for several months afterward, all my BTF work must be done before then.

Decluttering efforts have slowly been paying off. You may recall how much clutter there was in this area on prior photos. I need to vacuum the rug, but I don't want to freak out the cats.


Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment