Monday, April 10, 2017

Moving on

It's official, and I can talk about it. I'm leaving the fro yo shop to be the Ministry Coordinator at Boulevard Presbyterian Church. Our goal is to serve two neighboring but very different communities. One is a fairly affluent suburb with almost no bible believing churches, and the other is a part of Chicago that makes the news a lot. I'm excited about this new opportunity. Part time admin jobs are hard to come by around here.

I gave notice at the old job today. Sort of. Turns out, the district manager who was not mine quit suddenly, so my DM has to pick up the slack, at least in the short term. That gives her 3 pizzerias and 2 fro yo shops, and none of them are particularly close geographically. I'm going to continue to do paperwork and deliver it to the office until June 1 or she no longer needs me, whichever comes first. That will amount to about 3 hours a week, including the part of my commute I get paid for during paperwork delivery.

It feels like the last two weeks have been super busy, and I'm worn slam out. I'm only posting today because I don't want to break my streak. As long as I do something writing related, it counts, so here I am. I'm sure it goes without saying I have an early night in my future.

So that's where I am. Where are y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment