Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Wrap Up

Wow, that month went fast. It's been a 'head down and gitter done' kind of month. It wasn't without disappointment, though. I realized yesterday if I pushed a little bit more, I could double my word count for the year. I tried. I stared at the screen, turned on some music, and pestered Walter The Muse, but there were no words. I finally saved everything I'd already done and walked away, planning to hit it again after dinner. It didn't happen. I missed my goal by 895 words.

I'm actually not too broken up about it. It was a really good month despite the day job challenges. I continued my streak of writing every day, and put in nearly 57 hours. Total word count for the month was 27,443, bringing year to date to 55,781.

I also read quite a bit. Currently I'm reading "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield (I read it often and highly recommend it), and "The Story Equation" by Susan May Warren. I also read all of Susan May Warren's Heiress Trilogy ("Heiress," "Baroness," and "Duchess") again.

Based on my progress this month, I'm awfully glad I went to Deep Thinkers last month. It seems to be just what I needed to get things rolling. Here's to April!

No comments:

Post a Comment