Saturday, April 11, 2015

Back from Vacation; Preparing for Total Knee Replacement

We survived vacation and the roller coaster ride of excitement offered by Amtrak schedule changes.  Through it all, Amtrak personnel were wonderful.  If you've been following my A-Z Challenge posts, you're getting the highlights of the trip. I won't repeat myself here.

I think our Blackbirds Second Flight Hangout went well. As a result, I was inspired to spring for the Webinar Jam Studio package before the annual price increases in a week. I'm playing with it now, and Stephen, Wendy, and I will do a private test webinar on Tuesday. Some of it's intuitive, and I think I missed a few things, so I'm going to check the tutorials, which are pretty good to see what I haven't figured out--mostly how to get the test webinar to save and post to YouTube. It should have done so in private mode, but I don't think it did.  Wait! It did. I went to the YouTube site and clicked on My Channel, and both private tests are there. (Mostly, it's a video of me looking around the screen and muttering to myself as I explore the interface.)

I had my pre-op appointment on Wednesday, and everything should be good for my surgery on the 21st. I love how blase (I don't know how to get the accent on the e; pretend it's there) the surgeon is about the procedure (this is a good thing). I picked up my recliner the same day, and we moved it into the house. I'm starting to set up my "nest." Mr. L will be in San Antonio next week, so I should be able to get everything done with the house while he's gone.  He moved the piano into place in the living room, making room for the dining room furniture to be moved into the living room for the time being. In theory, I helped him, but nearly anything I tried to do to help resulted in me being in his way.

The yard was a fright after three weeks away, so I got most of it fixed up this week. I still have the store to mow, but it's supposed to rain all week. Next weekend is going to be a busy mowing time.

We have the City Wide clean-up on the 18th, so Mr. L and I backed the 16' trailer into the shop and have been filling it up. We're thankful we're having to look for junk we want to throw away. The trailer is about half full. I'm going to toss some branches on before I take it on the 18th, but I'm not sure how much else we'll come up with for the load.

I plugged the power cord into the dead MacBook Air, and the charging light came on.  I'm going to see if it greens up. If it does, I'll try starting the laptop again. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.  I hope so.

Junior found his way into the garage sometime on Thursday. We got him out today. Well, WE didn't get him out.  We left the doors open, and he found his own way out. He used the litter box we put in there for trapped kitties once (it took him a while to find it, because he didn't use it once, too). We put food and water in there this morning, but I don't know if he was in long enough to drink or eat.

The Week Ahead:
  • Dental appointment and get haircut on Tuesday. Maybe get the truck washed and vacuumed.
  • Stop in to talk to countyVA rep on Monday.
  • Take temporary disability paperwork to Temple VA rep on Wednesday to get that process started
  • Start up my old Windows laptop this week to see if I can recover my Mom's hard drive to an external drive -- it's read only when I plug them into my Mac, but it should work fine on a Windows machine.
  • If I am able to recover everything, send the drives back to her and Dad.
  • Get the "nest" set up (Hook up TV, DVD player, move clothes downstairs, etc)
  • Declutter the parlor (April's decluttering task)
  • Clear off the kitchen counters (again). They'll stay that way until somebody returns from San Antonio, then they'll be filled with stuff again.
  • Find as much stuff as possible to toss onto the trailer for the clean up trip to the city dump (this trailer size costs $70 any other time of year, but on this day, it's free)
  • Resume work on Polar Bear on the Loose
  • Continue trying to entice Junior to let me touch him
I hope you're all having a great week. Stephen, I hope your back is relenting.  Tammy, I hope you recover from your book fairs. Wendy, I hope the new job is going well.  See you next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment