Saturday, April 18, 2015

Countdown to Tuesday

I'm about as ready as I'm going to be for my new knee. Mr. L will take me to the hospital and probably wait around until I get out of surgery and into my room. Then he'll probably head for home until I need him to come get me. Bedside manner is not in his vocabulary. The hospital is an hour and a half away, so running back and forth is not practical. Staying with me is not practical, because he has stuff to take care of at the house. I'm okay with this.

I got the trailer of trash emptied at the dump this morning before it got busy. I hope it got busier after I left, but with last night's rain, I think people were getting a slow start.  The community service guys did a great job emptying the trailer as they do every year. The trailer is back in its spot in the driveway awaiting its next task.

My nest is prepared.  The shower stool and new lawn mower blades arrived this morning. I assembled the stool and tested it. It should work fine. Cost $24, which is more than the $5 we spent for the elaborate transfer chair, but our bathroom was not set up for that chair to be usable, so we'll put it back in the yard sale for the same $5.

The Week Ahead:
  • Survive
  • Begin trudging the road to recovery

4 comments:

Jean said...

To Mr. L's credit, he asked what I wanted him to do, and I laid out my expectations as above, assuring him he was welcome to come more but it didn't make much sense to me in a practical sense.

Wendy said...

Praying everything goes well. Will you be able to post from the hospital?

Jean said...

I'm taking the phone. I hope to feel up to giving an update later in the afternoon or early in the evening on Tuesday.

Jean said...

And, thank you. Prayers are much appreciated.

Post a Comment