Sunday, March 26, 2017

Peeking around the corner

Not been here much. There only seem to be so many hours in the day, and I don't fit this in, although to be honest, a bit less TV and watching shows on the Roku would give me plenty of time.

Mostly what's been going on with me is working on a health plan that includes diet changes and exercise. I've been on it since March 8. Seems sooooooo much longer. It's been really hard to force myself to exercise every day. In fact, I've been dismayed by the mental prodding I have to use to get me sweating. I'm told this will get better; that after a month or two, I might even start looking forward to exercising. Right now, that feels just about as possible as me learning to fly by flapping my arms.

I tell myself that it doesn't matter how I feel. I have to do the work and have to sweat and not eat what I desire because that's what it takes. I spent years indulging myself; now I must spend time--I hope, not years--in restoring health to my body. I'd like to say I have already seen progress, and I have, but that progress seems small next to the effort I'm putting out.

Well, there's nothing for it except to do it.

I am attempting to write, too. I've been working on my next book (Floozy Comes Back) and the book after that (Murder by the Mile). I plan on publishing Floozy in the summer and MBTM in the fall. We'll see how that goes.

Otherwise, my life is spent in chores, medical appointments, errands, exercise, not drinking strawberry shakes...life. How's your life going?

5 comments:

Jean said...

Changing our habits is very challenging. It took me a year of intense effort (and a class) and another six months of concentrated effort before I realized I'd made a basic attitudinal change. It still takes regular attention to maintain. It's close to effortless now, but it's not completely effortless. What you're doing is transformational but requires constant focus and attention to bring about the change you need. You can do it.

Wendy said...

I hope you have better luck learning to like exercise than I have. I've gotten so when I am exercising it feels good to stretch what needs stretching, or if it doesn't at least it's a good hurt. But getting started is always rough.

Wendy said...

What's changed with your diet? I know you've had to cut caffeine.

SBB said...

Jean, I hope to reach that transformed attitude before a year is out. I don't think I can keep doing it if it remains so hard to do for that long. Even though I have to...

SBB said...

Wendy, I hope the starting is the hardest time. It's really grinding me down.

I'm now on a very strict low carb, low fat diet. They want me to lose...ah...1/3 of my body weight.

Post a Comment