Sunday, March 15, 2015

Counting down to Horror Hound

I'm leaving Wednesday.

My friend Michele lives near Iowa City/Cedar Rapids which is about 3 hours away from us, so Bill and I have decided to head down there Wed afternoon/evening, have a leisurely supper with Michele and her family, stay overnight, then he'll drive back home and I'll continue on to Ohio. We'll arrive Thursday evening since my Con participation starts Friday lunchtime for a pre-conference Samhain party thing, then the Con starts that evening. I won't be home until late Sunday, at best.

I have no real idea what my schedule will be there, other than I'll be at Samhain's book signing table at some point. They're supposed to have printed copies of SPORE. I'm assuming full length novels, but they might just be excerpts in a collection of upcoming releases. I honestly have no idea what they'll have ready. Posters? Postcards? Bookmarks? Something else? I have no panels scheduled, no nothing, and it's weird to go into a conference so blind. I do have not-quite 1500 bookmarks - I've given some away already - and the tshirts, plus I'll be taking my very limited stock of Dubric books along. I can't sell them at the Samhain table, but I surely can sell them myself outside of the conference space. Surely.

I'm crazy nervous, stressed, and hoping I'm not making a mistake to travel so far. But meeting my editor and the Samhain team is important, so there's that at least. I'll be fine once I get there, I always am, but by sheer numbers, this is larger than WorldCon, and when I went there I had like 6 different panels to work.

I hope it'll be all right.

In other news, I haven't written a bit of fiction in weeks, not since Laura started her new job. I need to get back on it, somehow, but my brain is fried, my body is exhausted, and I have no creativity left. Still, somehow I must.

Weight's up, but my sinuses have received the 'all clear, surgery was a complete success' score from my doc last week.

Mostly things are good, other than exhaustion, fried brain, con stress, etc.

{{hugs}} and have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment