Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Curse of the Water Glass

We're sitting in the Metropolitan Lounge at Union Station in LA relaxing until our train leaves at six tonight. I was all set to spend the afternoon working on the laptop on their WiFi. Then I spilled a full glass of water on the keyboard. Now I'm waiting to see if it will dry out and still be alive.

We still do not like LA. The Westin Bonaventure was a very good experience (for the price, it darn well better have been!). Unless you count the tram ride, we made it through both Disney theme parks yesterday without riding a single ride. Seemed like a waste of money to me. We didn't find the scooter rental area until we finished the first park, which had one ride we would have liked to ride on, but I didn't want to stand in line for 45 minutes and then try to walk the rest of the park. It went better once we got the scooter, but still not a great day for us. Paramount was okay.

Sacramento was good visit. I think we could find more to do there.

Luggage is taking a beating. No surprise. My left knee is giving me fits today.

We had a wonderful visit with my parents. It was short, but I think it was about all they could handle. We got their AC serviced--a broken control wire and a worn relay was all that was wrong. They're waiting for estimates on two projects, and we'll see how that goes.

I had a great visit with a long lost friend. We talked non-stop all afternoon catching up.

Hope y'all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment