Saturday, March 14, 2015

Gearing up

Y'all are going to be so relieved when I finally sell the house and quit yammering about it. I'm heading back south Monday morning. In addition to working on the house, I'm planning to see a movie with Vicky (The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) and have dinner with my friend, Jenn. Not on the same night. I have to ration the fun so I get some work done.

I've been thinking about blogging again. Not just here. Here is more about accountability than entertaining the masses. This is mental health. The main reason I haven't been on the other blog in a while is I don't feel I have anything to say. While I didn't exactly hibernate all winter (though I wish I could have!) there wasn't really anything interesting going on and I couldn't think what to write about. On the rare occasions I did think of something, it was too much trouble. I was talking with a friend about living here, and he suggested I start a blog about it. Maybe I'll start the "Darwin Would Be Appalled" feature on my current blog. The very last thing I need is another blog to maintain.

I don't know about where y'all are, but here it's starting to feel like Spring might really happen. There is still a chill in the breeze, but it's been in the 50's and 60's here for a few days, warm enough to open windows and air things out a bit. The cats are less twitchy. We must be getting close. I'm itchy to plant things and have been trying to remember if I still have small flower pots in the garage at the house. I'm going to try to make do with herbs inside and flowers on the balcony.

I think that's about it. Tammy, have a great time at the Con! Jean, safe travels for your trip! Stephen, try to get some rest now that the book has been put to bed.


2 comments:

Jean said...

I love the idea of a Darwin Would Be Appalled feature on the blog. That's how you do it. Think about topics you want to blog about and how often you want to do it, then you schedule it in Things as a recurring task, appearing in Today 7 days before the due date. Then you are reminded of what's coming up. When you finish, you can schedule it, and check it off. That topic would be good as a monthly, bi-weekly, or maybe even a weekly post.

I find 2-3 posts a week keeps people coming to the blog regularly. That may be too ambitious to start with (since you're at a dead stop right now). But it's something to consider working up to.

What are topics of interest to you? Maybe a topical post of similar frequency about a historical fact or event from your preferred historical era? It should be of interest to you, and it ties in with your writing -- a bonus for your readers.

Maybe a monthly post about your storytelling? Cats are a huge draw, and you have some cute ones who must engage in some antics with enough frequency for a regular post.

Good luck with the house trip. I don't mind hearing about it at all. But, for your sake, I hope it sells quickly.

Tammy Jones said...

i hope the house sells quickly, Wendy. No so you'll stop talking about it - I happen to love real estate and all its quirks - but because it'll be done for *you*. :)

I wish I could help you with blog ideas. I rarely blog because I don't have anything interesting to talk about. Maybe Jean - who is our best blogger - can set up challenges or topics for us?

Post a Comment