Saturday, March 14, 2015

Three Days!

Then we'll be on the train, and the Grand Tour 2015 will be under way. I have blog posts for both blogs written and scheduled through our return. Suitcases are packed and ready to go. We'll tear down the last of the scaffolding tomorrow after Mr. L finishes his paint session.  I'll get a picture and add it to the property update post before we leave.

Monday morning, we'll load up the cats and drop them at Dr. Val's on our way out of town, then we have a bunch of errands to run in San Antonio before calling for a cab to come get us at 5:30 Tuesday morning. We board the Texas Eagle and depart San Antonio at or about 7 am.

The HVAC systems are working for now.  The primary technician stopped by yesterday to discuss layout of the new system with Mr. L and survey the attic for how to do the install of a single 5 ton heat pump system for upstairs instead of two smaller gas systems as it is configured now. I'm not wild about the heat pump, but he's insistent. They'll work up an estimate while we're gone and we'll arrange for the replacement when we get back. This should give us a nicely efficient system before summer heat hits.

I helped Mr. L install the plexiglass panels over the damaged window. It went pretty smoothly, and we both feel better about the durability of that window for now.

I got the house lawn mowed and trimmed and the critical areas of the store mowed. The game camera is operational at the ranch. The outside cat feeder has been filled. I'm luring Junior with Fancy Feast. Sneaky has been getting her Fancy Feast fix as well. Walter is showing up regularly on the new game camera I bought to track cats. There's another cat showing up as well. I can't tell if it's a different cat or it if might be Boomer. It's been four weeks since a confirmed Boomer sighting on the camera.  This cat looks similar, but I'm not sure if it's him or not.

Mr. L has not finalized the taxes yet, but since we owe, I'm not too worried about it. We know what they are, and we have plenty of time to get them sent in after we get back from the trip. I'm satisfied with the Wildlife Management Report, but Mr. L has no interest in looking at it, so I can't really turn it in yet. Again, we have plenty of time to do that after we get back, so I'm not too worried about it either.

The Week Ahead:
  • Relax and enjoy

Mr. L had asked for minimal computer time on this trip, so I've planned accordingly. And he wonders why I'm amused when he talks about spending time on his laptop working on a parts database for his cars and a few other things. Apparently, he's perfectly okay with me spending time on my computer while he's working on his. I laugh because it's better than trying to express how annoyed I am at how much this looks like the control freak in him running amok. 

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

I LOVE your plans for the week ahead. Wish we all could have such a great list.

It sounds like things are going well - except for Boomer. I hope he shows up, but I fear he won't. Feral cats have a tough life.

{{hugs}} {{hugs}} and more {{hugs}}

Jean said...

Thanks, Tammy. I thought about putting other stuff in The Week Ahead, then I realized that's the focus until the end of the month. I wish you could have that list, too!

{{{hugs}}}

Post a Comment