Sunday, March 19, 2017

Springing Forwar...Or Something Like That

Recliner life will be ending soon. Too bad. I like it. I've been reasonably productive, too. But many things that simply must be done cannot be done from the recliner, and my kneecap is healing, so it's time to spring into action. Well, maybe an activity more gradual than "springing," but I hope you get the idea.

I created an Easter Egg Hunt on my essential oils site. I hope people will enjoy the hunt. The site is getting regular visitors. I'm working into a posting schedule. If you're reading here and not accessing any of my other sites, head on over to Oil4TinMan to check it out.

I've completed my initial work on Wanna Bet to get the NaNoWriMo word padding removed. I did a few other things and tried to find areas where it needs work. I'm terribly ineffective at this, and this bothers me. The book is written using the romance novel approach of alternating chapters for each main character, except, the lead chapter is what's been written by a son about his journey to viewing his father as an unlikely hero. The alternating chapter is the father's reaction to what his son has written (which gives you "the rest of the story"). In those respects, it's a memoir, but the characters are all fictional. Yes, I know there is no fictional memoir genre.

I started on winter yard work a couple of weeks ago. Normally, I do this in January, so I'm three months behind. I did regular yard work this week. The weed whacker batteries are all recharged so I can finish the trimming this week.

Mr. L was supposed to take the lift to San Antonio this week to use it to help take down a tree. Unfortunately, he's having trouble with it. We bought new batteries three years ago, but he hasn't been keeping them charged. He thinks they were supposed to retain a charge. I suspect, since they were listed on the receipt as "golf cart batteries," they needed to be on a constant charge. Sigh. I suspect that purchase may have been a waste of money, but I hope he will take the lift to the service people and get (perhaps once again) a thorough training session about how the charging system is supposed to work and how he should best maintain the beast. He has plenty to do around here. He's having to pace himself a lot more than he's used to, so things don't get done quickly.

Planning is nearly complete for Grand Tour 2017. It should be an epic trip. I have the "throwaway" phone for the trip. I'm not particularly fond of the Android operating system, but it's functional. Apparently, I need to load $40 a month to keep the phone active and Verizon will rollover data. That $40 gets me 2G of data. By the time we go on the trip, I'll have 6G of data (because I have it locked out right now and am using WiFi only). I've loaded the money onto the account that it will need to take me through the end of May. Then I'll let it lapse. I think I have the apps I need. I added a weather app last week. How did I forget that?

Between now and then, I'll be doing yard work, chipping away at the overwhelming list of things that need to be done in an ongoing attempt to "get this house in order." I've returned to the Fly Lady concept of a shiny sink. I always got the dishes out of the sink, but I hadn't always been shining it. I'm embracing the shiny sink concept, and it really does make me feel better. I shine it in the morning and evening, then I look around for one more little thing to do to straighten things up.

Yard work, house work, cats, figuring out how to make a publishable product. It never ends.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you've been productive. Yes, you're going to want the weather app while you're on the road.

Did Mr. L get the lift squared away?

Jean said...

He's getting the lift squared away. He cancelled his trip to San Antonio, but once he accepted that the batteries were 6 volt and not 12 volt and set the chargers correctly, they began charging like magic. I tend to believe the batteries are the type that need the lift to be plugged in and charging when it isn't being used, and he's been of the belief that the batteries would hold the charge for three years between uses. The annotation on the receipt "golf cart battery" clued me in, because when golf carts aren't being used, they are plugged in. We'll see if Mr. L will accept that idea or not. But, yes, it would appear he is getting the lift squared away.

SBB said...

Glad he's getting the lift working. Hope the trend continues.

Also glad you're making progress on your novel. I haven't read many books--actually can't think of one--that use that approach. I'm looking forward to reading it.

I have my essentials oils in a cabinet in my house's entryway. When I open the door, the aroma is wonderful. Rich, inviting, and heady.

Post a Comment