Sunday, October 13, 2013

Even God Must Get the Blues

While the week has gone well for me, there's been plenty of heartache among my old friends.  A junior high friend I went to church with lost her husband last Sunday night in a single car accident.  A high school friend's oldest son fell while doing home maintenance, hit his head and broke his neck.  Three days later, he died, leaving a young daughter without a daddy.  Then Val's daughter-in-law's younger brother had been missing for three weeks, but, thankfully, once the word got out, the brother turned up safe.

The Good Stuff:
  • Mr. L devised a way for me to be available for mule duty (which I actually enjoy) at Hershey -- running his purchases to the truck -- while allowing me to get a small amount of work done.  I sat in a central location and worked while he shopped. The first day, I may four runs back to the truck and logged 13,500 steps.  The second day, I didn't need to make any runs to the truck, but I was available if needed and was still able to get a little work done even with the rain.
  • Mr. L found an Ideal 85 slider Pepsi machine for the shop.  It looks similar to this (ours is in the light Pepsi blue).  It's loaded in the back of the truck now.
  • Had dinner with friends in Gettysburg Friday night.  
  • Ran into two couples we know from San Antonio on the grounds of Hershey on two different days.  Pretty amazing.
  • Chocolate from the swap meet grounds is always fresher than from the grocery store.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • My MacBook Air is running out of hard drive space.  I had to offload some of my more static Dropbox folders to an external hard drive and the tell them not to synchronize with the Air.
  • I ran out of free space on Dropbox this week and had to purchase space.  I briefly debated not doing that, but finally decided I value the Dropbox service and I may as well support them financially.
The Week Ahead:
  • Get home
  • Execute plan for NaNo, PLF, and writing when I get back to the house (I have a few add-ons to prepare to purchase for the website(s), and I have some writing to get to work on.  
  • I'm feeling very unsettled lately.  Not entirely sure why, but it's probably partly related to this trip, which has been going fine, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment