Monday, October 7, 2013

Tardy to the party

It's been a week. No news on the book front, other than SLIPPAGE is stalled. No surprise there, especially since I'm still in the opening parts. I always struggle with beginnings.

There are four people running for three seats on the City Council. I honestly don't know if I'll make the cut or not. I'll likely be happy and disappointed either way. Weird, huh?

Spent a lot of this week doing fun things with the granddaughter. We went to the AppleFest event at the community orchard, she had fun, I got a little sunburn. We went to a city fair in Laurens. She had a blast, gramma's feet got sore. And yesterday was the autumn Lions Club breakfast. Got there about 6:15, cleaned up the fire station for about 45 min, then I cooked scrambled eggs until about 12:30, and, after more cleaning, managed to get home around 1:15. Was a loooooong day of mostly standing in one spot. Very sore feet. Still. And I hadn't completely recuperated from the 5k last weekend.

We all have colds of varying degrees. Yay. All I want to do is sleep but I have to chase a toddler. Plus my weight is up, about 9.5 lbs, as of this morning. While I haven't been perfect this past week, I have not been 9 lbs of bad in 2 weeks. I went up almost 4 lbs since yesterday morning and while I did have a few pancakes and sausages (followed by a 7pt salad as the remainder of my food for the day) I did NOT have more than 12000 calories worth of cakes and sausage. There's no freaking way. Bill thinks I'm building a lot of muscle since I've upped my exercise. I just don't know, but I do not like it!!

Bill and I are taking another mini vacation this coming weekend to an art fair, so I'll be off the internet for a few days.  {{{hugs}}

3 comments:

Jean said...

Hugs on sore feet! Yay for mini-vacation.

For that much weight fluctuation, it sounds like water retention or some other, ahem, retention. Stay the course, and do not get discouraged.

Good luck on City Council. What is supposed to happen for you and the town will happen. I totally get excited and disappointed at the same time no matter the result.

SBB said...

Hurray for the mini-vacation. Sounds like fun.

Wendy said...

I get the excited/disappointed, too. Sometimes it seems I live my life in that state. The weight thing is so frustrating. We've been there, too, and it doesn't help at all when we say to hang in there, it's just water, etc. The bottom line is your clothes are tight and constricting, and it sucks. Nothing I can do except give ((huggs)). Have a great time on your mini vacation!

Post a Comment