Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Leveled the Weeds

I failed to put the fall weed and feed down, so, once again, I have winter weeds growing like, well, weeds in the yard. I think they grow even if I remember to apply the fall weed and feed, which may be why I keep "forgetting" to do it. I can't forget to do it, because it's on my Things list, staring at me prominently with a red highlighted box telling me I'm 96 days overdue on that task. Today, I backed out the lawn mower, and leveled them, placing the bags by the side of the road for the trash guys to whisk away tomorrow.

The exciting news, already posted elsewhere, is the orthopedic surgeon is happy to do my knees whenever I want. Of course, now, my mind is picking at that saying, what's wrong with this guy that he's not backed up for three months and can take me whenever I want. He has five star reviews on the web, and I felt comfortable meeting with him on Friday. I'm calling to set up the first surgery and pre-op stuff on Tuesday. Preferred date is April 21 (that gives me two weeks after we return from the Grand Tour to unwind, prepare the house for me to be on one floor, and to do the pre-op appointments -- blood work and and EKG. I presume I'll meet with the doc to go over what to expect from the surgery. I imagine that will all take place in one day. I want to schedule the second one for three months later on July 28, but I guess we'll have to see how this one goes first.

I'm doing the physical therapy. I got the Lycra sleeves for my braces.  Brown Lycra is on sale at Hancock Fabrics for half price ($9/yard instead of $17/yard), I'm thinking about getting some and making a few more sleeves. Use the ones I have for a pattern, stitch the seam up the back, and maybe even hem them. That's a lot less than $50 a pair, and I'll have a few pair to alternate to allow time for washing between wearing.  Tammy, stretchy fabrics can be tricky. Anything special I need to do? Or should I take the fabric to my mom and have her whip them out?

The pre-programming of dinner into Lose It! is making a difference. I'm doing a better job of meeting my goal, and weight is going in the right direction.

I finished the Wildlife Management report this week. I need to look it over and have Mr. L approve it, then we can turn it in. We started looking at taxes last night, but until Mr. L does his royalty calculations, we can't do much more. We need to find one bank statement from one of Mr. L's accounts, and we'll be able to push ahead. I got more yard work completed and have a tentative plan for the next bit to do. Not much work accomplished on Polar Bear on the Loose this week. I have the book broken into parts and have color coded the scene sentences and am working on those.  I have the first part documented and am working on the rest.

The Week Ahead:
  • Heading to Dallas Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to see a friend, the kids, and walk a swap meet. It's supposed to rain the whole time. Joy.
  • Lady and Daphne will spend the weekend with Dr. Val and her staff. Lady will get her annual exam and shots. I'll take Tarzan with me on Monday when I pick them up, and he'll get his annual exam and shots.
  • Work on Polar Bear on the Loose
  • Continue Total Knee Replacement research

No comments:

Post a Comment