Sunday, February 22, 2015

Winter Advisory

They are different in Texas than up north, but it's chilly and dreary today, with cold and dreary forecast for at least the next two days, possibly with ice involved. Our upstairs heater, the one that heats the front bedrooms (yes, ours) has a fan running constantly. Probably a relay, but that will mean another service call from our trusty heating and AC guy. It will be a good time to request an estimate for replacing these two units (Mr. L wants another heat pump to replace the two upstairs units). We want to do it in April after the cold usually leaves and before the heat arrives.

February is roaring to a close, and I still have a few things to accomplish toward my goals for this month. I did more research on Total Knee Replacement. Did you know there's an app for that?

I have not looked at the Wildlife Management Report. We have the draft of taxes completed. I completed the next block of Scene Sentences for Polar Bear on the Loose.  I want to finish all for the book this week, which, at this point, is ambitious.

The Week Ahead:
  • Polar Bear on the Loose PACTS sentences for each scene (I have most of them, but they tend to be missing conflict)
  • Review Wildlife Management Report and ensure it's ready for Mr. L's approval before we sign and submit (not until he gets back from San Antonio the first week of March)
  • Review taxes and begin filling in the final version of the forms for mailing off.
  • Focus on floors this week
  • Get my new medical power of attorney signed by two unrelated witnesses and make copies to turn in at the VA and King's Daughters Clinic. Addresses and phone numbers changed from my old one, so I need to update it, especially with the looming surgery.
  • Physical Therapy appointment at the VA on Tuesday.  While I'm there, I need to arrange for an exchange of medical records between my two PCMs.  I also need to talk to a VA rep about the process for filing for temporary full disability and increase in rating due to the total knee replacement (TKR) (I've been hearing the VA grants a temporary 100% disability rating for up to a year with TKR).
  • Reschedule May dentist appointment to before the surgery
  • Proof BSF
  • Pick up Lady and Daphne and take Tarzan in for his annual exam and vaccinations
Probably other stuff, but that's more than enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment