Sunday, July 31, 2016

All the excitement

On paper, it hasn't been a good week. I don't have the total hours for the week because until the day job ends, the week ends today. It's easier to keep track of total hours that way. I have a whopping 5 hours over 3 days in the garrett so far this week. It's still better than my usual track record, so it's a little harder to complain, but nowhere close to where I wanted to be. I think I logged 17 1/2 hours at the day job. Also less than the norm, but I'm not complaining.

What have I been doing with my time, you ask? Prepping for company. Again. This time there was almost no pressure since it was my friend and adopted little sister, Jenn. No need to have the house in pristine condition. Jenn doesn't judge, and she's seen it worse. She stayed overnight with us last summer when we were barely in the house, so she saw progress where I saw clutter.

She got here in time to celebrate Eric's 50th birthday. It was all very low-key. No cake, no singing. Just dinner out with Jenn and Alex, and a walk through Barnes and Noble. Probably the perfect way to spend a birthday in our book. (No pun intended.)

Yesterday, we went to the ren faire again. The weather was perfect; a small miracle since last weekend was 100+. We did more shopping than we should have, probably. There's a boot seller there that has really good quality, hand made in the USA footwear. Yes, it's pricey, but they last a long time. My new boots are red, and I got complimented on them before I left the faire. We spent the whole day there and were all exhausted when we got home, so it was a banner day!

This Tuesday we leave for Las Vegas. I'm getting all my writing stuff together. That's more important than clothes! I have nothing planned except writing, a day trip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon, and we might see Blue Man Group one night. They're playing in the hotel we're staying in. Eric is stoked about finally getting to go to this hacker convention, so much so he doesn't seem to be concerned about the flight. I'll post pictures on Facebook.

So that's about it. I have to go neat up downstairs. My fencing teacher and his wife are coming by sometime today so it would be good to at least have dirty dishes stowed in the dishwasher.

I hope y'all have a good week!

2 comments:

SBB said...

The fact I know someone who has a fencing instructor speaks well of my taste in friends!

Jean said...

Sounds like you're having a fabulous week. Have a great trip to Vegas.

Post a Comment