Saturday, July 16, 2016

Back on the Road

After three and a half weeks of no driving due to the new knee and the medication, I drove to the grocery store and back Friday. I picked up a few items while I was there. I came home and rested.

I took the last of my pain medication Thursday morning. Friday morning, about 12:30, I didn't feel comfortable that my Copaiba blend was holding pain at bay, so I took two extra strength acetaminophen. Friday morning, I took my Copaiba blend and have not needed more acetaminophen yet. Friday evening, I decided to try a similar blend that had been recommended to me, and I'm switching to that one -- 5 drops each of Copaiba, Frankincense, and Idaho Balsam Fir (out of stock, so I substituted Idaho Blue Spruce, which has all the same constituents plus two).

I've had my GEEKS manuscript sitting next to my recliner since the surgery, but I kept avoiding opening it to read. I finally made that my service for this week and added "Read 100 pages of GEEKS" to my service card. I've read through 114 pages as of today, making notes on each scene as I go.

Healing is coming along. I still get fatigued quickly, but I don't have as much of the brain fog as I had last year. I must still have some, because while I bought the right brand of TP on my grocery store run, I got the variant we don't prefer.

Hope y'all have a great week.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you're recovering faster than last year. The first time Eric took the copaiba blend he complained about a funny taste and didn't seem impressed. To be fair he had a full blown migraine. I thought he'd written them off, but the other day he said he was out, so I made more but substituted the peppermint for wintergreen. We will see how that works.

Post a Comment