Saturday, July 30, 2016

It's Saturday Night

Yes, I'm live. Throwing a few streamers in honor of Stephen's New Year.

Mr. L headed for San Antonio on Thursday. On the way down, the trailer got a flat, so he put the spare on and proceeded. When he took it in today, the tire turned out to be salvageable, but the tire guy didn't recommend it, since it was a trailer, and they are designed differently than vehicle tires. Mr. L did ask for the tire back, because he can use it for a shop roll-around tire. The tire guys plugged it for him even though he intends to use it with a tube.

Then, when he got to the house in SA, the air conditioning wasn't working. He suspected the thermostat was the culprit. Thursday night, he used his big box fan which pulled air through the house and kept it sort of comfortable. Friday, when he got back from the swap meet, he called our usual repair guys who were able to come out, and they not only replaced the thermostat but checked the system, too. We've used them three times, and each time they've been prompt, courteous, and efficient in making a repair (the system is coming up on 30 years old, so they're extending life pretty well).

I finished my read through of GEEKS this week and I'm doing the preliminary revision planning. I like the story and the characters. As usual, I struggle to know what needs to be done to make it of interest to anyone else. As I intimated in our chat session, I think it may fall into the "cozy thriller chaste romance" genre.  Right. As Stephen says write first worry about marketing later.

We're doing a yard sale next weekend, so I spent a little time at the shop moving boxes from where we store them to the showroom. My knee protested as I was preparing to move furniture, so I'll delay that until tomorrow. I have a friend setting up with me, so I'm not sure how much space she'll need yet. For now, I'll plan to leave half the table space for her.

Things begin to get busy for us now, so I need to pace myself with my knee. After the yard sale, we load two trailers to set up at the Giddings Swap meet at the end of the month. Then I have the month of September to get ready for the trip to Hershey. I've done basic mowing and trimming, but I have other yard work that needs to be done to keep up with the growth of foliage.

When we return from Hershey, I'll have a few weeks before I head to Wisconsin for a week to visit with my folks. I'll be taking the train up and back with a rental car in Chicago. It sounds like my mom's health is not in a good place, so we'll see what that means when I get up there.

Praying Mr. L's health continues to hold steady/improve.

3 comments:

SBB said...

Yes, pace your knee! No setbacks! None!

I'm looking forward to reading the rewrite of "Geeks." Should be good!

Wendy said...

It makes me laugh how much Mr L and my dad are alike. He's German, isn't he? I feel like we've talked about that.

Jean said...

Nope. Not German. He's Scottish, but his family has been in the USA since the 1700s, so I suspect his attitude is more American. He had family at the Battle of San Jacinto, so they were part of Texas' Battle for Independence. That's the stock that would contribute to his attitude more so than the original heritage, I think.

My heritage is German. That's probably where you got that.

Post a Comment