Monday, July 25, 2016

I Can Do Anything

At this point in my recovery, I can do pretty much anything (except, squat, get on the floor, run up and down stairs, and stand easily from a seat without using my arms). I just can't do it all at once. I need to rest often.

My therapist is thrilled with how far ahead my new knee is in relation to where most knees are at the nearly five-week point. Last year, about midway through my therapy, he had me walk backwards on a treadmill. It hurt, and I was in pain for two days afterwards. When I went into the next therapy session, I mentioned that, and he said, "We won't do that again!" Today we did it will no ill effects -- on my first true therapy session.

I'm disappointed with how my left knee has regressed. It's angry at having to do all the work for the last year, and it's letting me know it. Thankfully, my therapist expected that and has incorporated treating that into my treatment plan.

On my way home today, I picked up a new battery for the lawn tractor, so I got the lawn mowed this afternoon.

Alan nearly has the showroom in the shop ready for a friend and me to set up our yard sale.

I've read more than 200 pages of GEEKS. I really like this story. I just hope I can make it marketable and still like it when I'm done. Sigh. The next (and final) hundred pages are on tap for this week. Then I'll have to begin the real work of planning the story and the revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment