Monday, July 25, 2016

Catching up

Didn't meant to neglect this blog. Tripped and fell into a cave, still trying to climb back up. I think I have the tools to do so. It's just taking a bit of time.

This week, I'm working on Blackbirds Third Flight. I think it has some awesome stories and poems in it. Attempting to bring them all together in a coherent fashion is an interesting puzzle that appeals to me. What poems will work better next to what stories? How does the flow of the book keep the reader devoted to turning pages? What illustrations and graphics will enhance the stories and poems? I do like the pavement part of publishing. To make a beautiful book filled with good content...that's the goal.

This week, I have a doctor's appointment, of course, and should be having lunch with a friend or two on different days. Having to look for a new car. I have to buy one or I have to fix my old one. Just not sure if I should keep throwing money into a 1999 vehicle. I don't really care that much about cars. If they get me from one place to another with some comfort (music and air conditioning and heater) I'm okay. I admire expensive cars, but never had much of a desire to have one. Would rather have other things. If had a job where I had to drive, I'm sure a vehicle would be more important. Or if I had to maintain a status among my peers--I have a friend who works for a large corporation and status matters for him and he needs to drive a BMW to fit in--but I wouldn't last long in such a place.

Anyway, hope y'all have a good week. And here's the almost final cover for BTF. I'm pleased with how it's turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment