Monday, August 15, 2016

Two Months Post-Op

I can only describe my recovery from this second knee surgery as amazing. I'm pacing myself, but I'm far ahead of where I'm supposed to be in recovery. That's not to say I'm completely recovered. That's truly a one year process. In related news, the VA approved my temporary 100% disability without even demanding an exam. I'm surprised by that. My final disability remains 80% though.

We pulled the trigger on Grand Tour 2017 ticket purchases and reservations this week. I realized balcony rooms were filling up fast for my cruise, and we have to leave Chicago one day earlier than planned on the outbound part of the trip, because the Empire Builder bedrooms were all booked for the day we wanted to travel. I couldn't get the cruise website to let me move beyond a certain screen, so I wound up calling and talking to their reservation person, which turned out to be a good thing. They have a beverage package or a $150 credit as the current special. I rarely consume alcohol, so I took the credit. Since I'm traveling alone as a single in the room, that $150 credit turns into a $300 credit (because I'm essentially paying for two to have the room to myself -- all I save is taxes and fees). I'll probably have a case of water delivered to my room at the beginning of the cruise for $14 (yes, highway robbery), and purchase the Soda and More package for about $60 for the week. That includes hot chocolate and fountain beverages in addition to the included tea and coffee. It doesn't include beverages with room service. (Yes, they have quite the racket.) I think my cruise credits will be applied to that, then I'll have to figure out what else I want to buy. I'll prepay gratuities. I can get an additional $100 in credit if I send them proof of being a veteran. I'm debating if I want to do that. I guess it doesn't hurt.

The yard sale is done. We're preparing for the swap meet at Giddings at the end of the month. Mr. L bought a little trailer today, which he plans to use to haul the electric scooters when we go to Hershey. He's been talking about getting a trailer for that trip for a couple years now. I'm so thrilled to be able to have a trailer behind me on this trip. It's going to make "Turn HERE" so much more fun. :)

I've done a small amount of revision prep on GEEKS. I've also begun doing more yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment