Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Jean's August Review

As usual, August has been a mixed bag.

My knee recovery is going well. I've increased my walking to 1.25 miles four days per week. I had been losing weight at the rate of three pounds a month, but I've stalled this month. I'll get that fixed.

I got GEEKS read in July but stalled out on planning the revision in August. I'm going to start with a 60 minute per week goal to work on it and build from there.

Giddings went very well for us. We found new homes for several large, bulky items and a few smaller items. It was fun talking to people as they came through our spaces. We only took one trailer this year. We planned to take two, but we looked at the stuff we planned to take on the black trailer and realized if we left two items home, we didn't need that trailer. We got back, we picked up some inexpensive plastic saw horses at Harbor Freight. With a plywood sheet cut in two, we'll be able to have more tables next year, which we can use.

We've modified the cat experiment. Sapphire was becoming unreachable, so we're still giving her the run of the house during the day, but she's going back in the cage with Rossie overnight and has to submit to petting to get back out in the morning. She's not fond of this, but we have to be confident we can capture her when we need to take her somewhere.

Walter is becoming extremely affectionate. He absorbs a lot of attention from both of us. Boomer is still with us. Zelda and Nick are around -- Nick mostly at Night. Hmm. I may need to rethink that name. We talked to him through the side door a couple of times this week, and he didn't run as far after the first time.

I'm trying to get the weedeating done. That's slow going when the grass has grown so much with the recent rains.

Things to work on for September:

Writing:
- At least 60 minutes per week on GEEKS revision planning
- Reevaluate blogging schedule, because I seem to be skipping posts, which indicates I may not be interested in doing some of them on a schedule anymore
- Consider planning 2-3 short stories

Household:
- Declutter five minutes per day
- Finish Central Texas Yard work
- Spend a week in San Antonio doing San Antonio yard work
- Prepare and pack for Hershey trip
- Keep up with litter boxes
- Figure out some way to keep clutter off the kitchen counter (as long as Mr. L is around, this may be futile, and since I don't plan to get rid of him, well, I just need to figure something out)


No comments:

Post a Comment