Sunday, August 12, 2012

Different Week, Same Heat

Thank you, Wendy, for that cute card.  Good luck at your conference!

The Good Stuff:
- I got lawns mostly mowed this week
- Watering done and some weeds pulled
- I did get a little more work done on PBOTL.  I'm doing a little back tracking, though, because I realized I had some good material in the original version, and I can weave it in with the revision.
- Kept up with the anti-inflammatory basics.  I haven't been tracking, but I think the basic anti-inflammatory changes have made it easier for me to stay on plan.  I've lost weight this week.
- Hubby finally made it back up here to Central TX, and we unloaded the trailer.  That was nearly 100 five gallon buckets of dirt and rocks.  That was a workout!
- I asked Zette to create an archive folder for me on FM.  Then I moved what appeared to be no-longer-relevant posts out of the FAQ and Where Do I Find? forums to get them cleaned up.  I'm not very active on the front end of FM, but I do enjoy my back end work.
- Things 2 was released this week.  It syncs to Things Cloud.  I was a little leery of it at first, but it works very well.  Wendy, if you've been wondering, it's worth the update.  I find the Daily Review feature a little annoying, but only because I can only defer the task or add it to the to do list.  It doesn't give me the option to check it off right there if it's already done.

The Not So Good Stuff:
- I didn't ride the recumbent bike this week -- I felt I got pretty good exercise with the lawn mowers and the buckets, so I'm not distraught.  I probably could have used the cardio benefits, though.
- I didn't get the store lawn completed mowing, because there's a problem with the mower that I haven't resolved yet.  It may require a trip to the Black and Decker Service Center in Austin.  And it just went out of warranty, too.  Sad face.  It works, but there's a lot of vibration and noise that isn't supposed to come from an electric mower.  I tried replacing the blade.  No change.
- While mowing at the store, I discovered a water leak at the meter box.  I reported it to the city.  Hubby and I went back to check on it on Saturday.  Hubby says, this is coming from our side.  I turned the water off at the meter.  Looks like we'll be doing some digging and water line replacement.  Sigh.  On the bright side, more exercise.
- Hubby told me a few weeks ago that the rear tire on my bicycle was flat.  I thought he meant it just needed air.  No. It's flat.  The stem and the tube became disconnected from one another.  I need a new tube.

The Week Ahead:
- I see the osteopath on Wednesday.  We'll see if anything positive comes out of it.
- I bought a TV from Amazon, decided it wouldn't be the right one, so I received it and arranged to have it shipped back the same day.  UPS should be picking it up on Monday. The replacement I ordered has apparently been shipped.  I learned the HD satellite boxes default to the lowest resolution on the network whenever that lowest resolution TV is turned on, so it behooves us to have the same resolution TV as the best one we have everywhere, which, at the moment, is 1080p, regardless of whether we need that resolution for the desired usage area.  If you have regular resolution anything on a TV, I'll tell you, it's much less finicky than HD. HD is nice but kind of picky. That's a long way of saying I'll still be playing musical TVs around the house this week.
- Eke out a few more pages on PBOTL
- Keep the blog posts working.  I think I might want to do a little tweaking, but I'll do the second month on the original schedule with some adjustments beginning in September.  I use an Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plug-in on both major blogs, but I have one blog blocked from search engines.  The SEO plug-in cannot understand why I would want to do that, and refuses to allow me to tell it not to tell me to unblock search engines.  Yes, I get it defeats the purpose of SEO.  Of course, I'm not listening to much else it's telling me about SEO either, so maybe I should just turn the plug in off.
- Do more evaluation of my on-line stuff and look for weaknesses I'm willing to address in either emails used for the site, usernames, or passwords as a way to address the vulnerabilities revealed this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment