Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wendy's Week

Good Stuff:
- I finished all the writing and marketing for the conference ahead of schedule for once.
- Swam 4 times, walked and weeded once.
- Have started carb avoidance with more success some days that others. Breakfast and lunch seem to be harder because my go-to meals include bread. Substituting fruit seems to help some.
- Went to dinner with friends the other night. We sat outside and visited over dinner and scotch, and I was so thankful that I busted my tail to get everything done. That made the evening more enjoyable--no to do lists looming over me.
- Got my nails done for free! My boss gave us gift certificates our last week, and I saved mine.
- We have a low key Saturday on tap. I'm doing laundry so Eric will have clean clothes while I'm gone (not that he isn't willing to do it, but I'm being extra nice). Later we'll run a couple of errands.
- Finally got the prescription for my contacts right. I might need reading glasses for super close stuff, but the computer screen and my cell phone are finally clear.
- The teachers from the retreat I took in February are going to be at the conference. I'm really looking forward to touching base with them.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Gained more weight. That made my packing a little more difficult. I haven't exactly been packing on the pounds; it's a slow creep. I hope reducing stress and carbs will turn this around.
- All the extra typing the last couple of weeks has aggravated the tendonitis in my arms. Lucky for me I have a really great muscle rub that smells like wintergreen, so it's pain relief and kitty discourager in the same tube.
- I'm getting nervous about pitching. I know it's all going to work out for the best in the end, but I feel very strongly that the market is ripe for my book, and if I blow it, I'm going to be upset, especially after all the work I put into it. I do, however, have instructions from my writing partner to text her when I know what time I'm pitching so she can pray. I know I can't fail, but being human I can't see the whole picture, even if it is representation by someone I won't meet next week.
- I think the body degradation has begun. My left shoulder has been bothering me lately, hitching a little in rotation and such. Coincidentally, that's the shoulder my dad had to have worked on last spring. Are bone spurs hereditary?

This Week:
- Focus on the positive.
- Do my best. I'm certainly well enough prepared.
- Keep a close eye on my diet.
- Wait until Friday, when I'm home, to collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment