Saturday, August 18, 2012

Into Each Life A Little Rain Must Fall

And ours fell today.  Four-tenths of an inch worth. We're not complaining.  In fact, we wouldn't mind if a little more fell.

The Good Stuff:

- Kind of a mixed bag with the osteopath, but I'm mostly pleased with the outcome of the visit.
- I got good work done on PBOTL this week. 
- Musical televisions is completed.  Sort of.  The returned television has been accepted and refunded by Amazon.  There are complications, but it's mostly the operator. (Not me.  Someone else.  I'm going to leave it at that, because I probably won't be nice if I go into detail.)
- I think I still need a HDMI splitter to get things working more the way I want them to with the setup. I have one picked out on Amazon to try.
- Blog posts are caught up with, but I'm not getting them done a week ahead of time like I'd like.  I'm struggling with the positive one.  I think maybe I need to change it to gratitude or something like that.
- We got some rain today, and it stayed out of the shop.  We ordered new downspouts for the shop this week, and we think that will help. (Shipping was almost as much as the downspouts -- yikes.)  Hubby has a plan.
- I've ridden the recumbent bike twice this week.  Good improvement from time one to time two.
- I got my rear tube replaced on my road bike, so it's roadworthy again.

The Not So Good Stuff:

- I can't believe how painful it was to ride the recumbent bike with no resistance.  It was better today than on Thursday, so maybe he's right about the repetition "grinding" off the rough edges on the knee joints.
- We repaired the water leak at the store, but the repair didn't take, so there's still a leak.  We hate plastic pipe.  We bought another set of parts, and we're ready to do the repair again.  I'm not sure when.  Hubby had said Sunday, but it didn't sound like he was on board for Sunday when he was talking today, so...whenever.  Water is turned off at the meter, and it's ready to do, so maybe sometime this week.  With today's rain, it will likely be muddy there anyway, so a couple of days might be better.

The Week Ahead

- Continue stretching exercises and riding the bike.  I'm sure I'll notice a better improvement after about a week.
- Continue work on PBOTL.  I'm posting updates on Holly's "Write A Book With Me" board, and it seems to be helping keep me working.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment