Sunday, July 27, 2014

Double CoPay Monday

I have two medical (ish) visits Monday. Counselor and my pre-surgery physical. Supposedly they're checking to make sure my heart and lungs can manage the surgery (since I don't have any medical issues for either, I don't think it'll be a problem) but I am concerned there will be some stupid little thing. Sinus infection. 5 lbs over the weight limit. Cyst has moved. Who knows. Something to postpone this stupid thing a little longer.

Assuming my BP, heart and lung sounds, etc, are acceptable, next Wednesday I'm off to get surgered. Starting to get nervous about it. Maybe I should ask if I can get a tummy tuck at the same time? ;)

Mom seems to be doing better, which is encouraging.

Weight's up, mostly because I have a bad case of the 'I don't give a flips' and I'm HONGRY. Struggling to stay on track. Gah.  Been walking regularly again, though, tracking, etc. Hopefully I'll have a loss this week. I sure could use one, since I was just 1 lb below my start weight!! Grr!

Screenplay is running really, really LONG. I've reached the end of the beginning. I should be around page 20, ish, and I'm on page 36, nearly twice as many pages as I'm supposed to have.  Struggling to trim and condense and show action and, maaan, this is a whole different beast. I don't want to get further in until I figure out how to do it. Much rather fight one section than the whole dang thing.

My talk with the writing group in Des Moines went great, which was a relief. I haven't done one in a long time and felt a little rusty and nervous.

Family is fine. LittleMiss is with us this weekend and she's exhausting but delightful. We went to two county fairs on Thursday and saw lots of livestock. She really loves chickens. It's cute. :)

I guess that's about it for me. I hope you all have a grand a glorious week. {{hugs}}


4 comments:

SBB said...

I read on you blog about your presentation. That was clever and well done. Good job!

I hope the medical news is good.

Have you looked at the program Final Draft? I know a lot of writers use it for screenplays and plays.

Wendy said...

Probably your anxiety over the surgery isn't helping your weight. Stress hormones and stress eating can really do a number on you.

I'd totally ask for a tummy tuck, if only to make the doctors laugh. ;-) Never hurts to make the doctors laugh. Before they pick up the scalpel.

SBB said...

I meant to tell you that I'm glad your mom is doing better. :)

Jean said...

Glad your mom is doing better. Focus now on getting through the surgery and your recovery. You can worry about the weight once you get these "weights" off your mind.

Post a Comment