Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Run-by posting

The Boys are on their computers (well, 2 are, and the other is reading) so I have a few minutes to update. Good reunion so far. Vicky got here Saturday morning, and we spent the afternoon at the Bristol Ren Faire. You've probably seen the pics on Facebook of her and The Baron. :-) Between us, yes, those and the one in Millenium Park with her "cup of Joe" were directed at the ex. She had a blast and it was good for all of us to see she'd landed on her feet. Her process was much like someone who has had a loved one with a terminal illness, who grieves in increments, and when the shoe falls is through the worst of it already. It's not completely over. He's still in my house. Eric and I will decide later how to deal with that, after we've chatted up a couple of lawyer friends. It looks like the options right now are re-do the lease agreements so they're individual and enforce them individually, or just evict him altogether. I like the latter better, although I don't wish him ill and don't want to see him on the street. I just want him away from my child so she can move on. OTOH, I also want to give her every opportunity to handle it herself. There's a lot to be said for having to clean up your own mess. I just don't think he'll move out voluntarily or without legal action. He doesn't have a lot of options; he's barely making any money, has sponged off most of his friends and family already, and even his parents won't have him back.

Other than that, everything is fine. We're doing the tourist thing, watching some movies, more or less the same as every time we get together. Same routine, different city. Everyone goes home Saturday, after which I will crawl into bed and pull the blankies over my head until Sunday morning. I'll catch up with you again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment