Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Getting Started But Same Stuff

It's a new year, but like Stephen, I'm continuing my efforts begun during 2015. I'm working toward a couple of specific goals -- harmony with Mr. L, true health, and recognition for creative expression. A few other things have wormed their way in. At least one thing that needs to leave I have not taken the steps to make sure that happens.

I had not realized how disruptive to planning and executing repeated trips to San Antonio would be. I'm not even sure how to schedule a dentist appointment, because everything revolves around the trip to San Antonio. Ordering packages is a challenge, because I have to try to calculate if they'll be delivered while we're gone. Do we take all the cats or just a couple? We gambled on just taking two last week, and when we got home on Thursday, the towers only had crumbs remaining. Thankfully, they hadn't toppled the water tower.

Then there was the cat bite. Poor Rossie. My hand is responding well to the antibiotics and is going to be fine. Despite feeling ill since last Wednesday, I've accomplished a surprising number of chores.

For the week ahead, Mr. L provides a blood draw and visits his primary doctor, which means we'll be hitting the road for SA on Wednesday with the plan to return on Thursday. I have some errand work on Monday, a webinar on Monday night, and, in theory, plenty of time to write and revise, but I have so much to do around the house as well. It's bizarre, but I think I'm going to need to schedule it to fit it all in. I shouldn't have to, but I'm not getting it done otherwise.


1 comment:

SBB said...

Yeah, I find scheduling things seems to help them all fit. Don't know why. No more hours in the day. Maybe because I stay focused.

Post a Comment