Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome to a new, brighter new year. Hopefully.

Hey, everyone.

I know I've been scarce, and I apologize. I'd like to say it'll get better, but, honestly, it'll probably be rare and random for quite a while longer.

Depression during the holiday season is always awful for me. I have a lot of built up anger, resentment, and fear tangled up with Christmas, plus all the regular holiday stressors. This year seems worse than most years, but maybe it's just my imagination. I dunno.

Other than facebook posts, the very few blog posts, some to-do & grocery lists, and checks to pay bills, I've written two things this year: A GhoulBane graphic novel, and a Lars-faces-wereboar (like a werewolf, only a boar) graphic novel. I've made virtually no progress on any novels or other standard narrative since SPORE, which I wrote in 2011.

Some writer, huh?

Most days, my brain is a tangled up mess and I cry quite a lot. Pretty much daily. I try not to let it show, but, well... A person can't hide everything. The one thing I tried to sew for a Chistmas present I completely boogered up, so much it was unrepairable.

It melted. Literally melted. Ten hours worth of machine embroidery, totally destroyed. I cried for two hours and haven't sewn a thing since, except to repair a pair of my granddaughter's pants. Took two seconds to sew a few inches of unraveled seam, and I turned the machine right back off.

I'm trying to get my day organized, trying to get my head organized. I've been using a planner for a little more than a month now, and it seems to be helping. Some. I'm scheduling tasks ahead of time. I have an interview, a questionnaire, and three chapters to read for a friend this weekend listed in my planner. I've scheduled an exercise day. I've scheduled housework.

It seems to be helping me.

I don't know what else to do.

{{hugs}}

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome back Tammy! I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I can't think of one thing that would be helpful except that I'm sorry but I'm glad you're here. Is it ok if I just virtually sit by you and maybe hold your hand? ((Hugs))

SBB said...

Glad to see you, Tammy. Sorry life is being mean. I suggest we get together and kick life in its butt. :) Rooting for you.

Jean said...

Hey! Great to see you. I'm so sorry to hear about the melted(?!?!) sewing project. That's just so wrong.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Post a Comment