Saturday, February 26, 2011

8 Weeks -- Yep, That's Two Months

We're eight weeks into the year.  Two whole months.  Looking back and forward.

Fooling Mother Nature (First Draft):  I'm going to drop this for now.  I'm not doing anything with it.  I'm not even thinking about it.

Polar Bear on the Loose (Revision, using How To Revise Your Novel):  Still working on Lesson 7.

750words.com: I've written at least my 750 words each day and have a current streak of 257 days.  I've written 20,967 words so far this month.  I'm still working toward my next badge, the Double Flock -- 250,00 words.  I'm currently at 245,743 words. I don't think I'll roll over this month, but I anticipate very early in March.

Internet Responsibilities:
- I blogged twice four times this week.
- I've released my first FM project into the wild -- new error messages that are a little friendlier (we hope), than the default ones that came with the forum software.  I've also posted a couple of newcomer tutorials to the FAQ.
- I want to learn some WordPress CMS techniques, and my goal is to learn one thing a month.  After I posted last week, I did a little playing around with the WordPress.com site for Createslate (Stephen and I are the only ones who can see that site).  I made a default, static home page that talks about what Createslate's goals are as well as covering the legal information.  The second page is the blog entries (there are two test entries on the site -- I'm documenting what I'm doing withe a blog post in case it ever becomes a matter of interest).  I also changed the template.  I was looking for something slate-like, but the only template I found seemed too dark (slate has than effect on things).  So, for now, it has a notebook theme.  For the record, there are two WordPress.com sites I'm working with -- Stephen's Createslate site and my Anthropomorphic Bears site.  Both are private for now, so I can play.  This is all very basic stuff so far.  I need to do more reading to see what else can be done.

Pets:
- Everyone is doing fine.  
- Ajax got his shots this week, we restocked Revolution for everyone, and scheduled the kittens for spaying/neutering at the end of March.

Property:
- Hubby got some lights working in the long bay at the shop, so I went over yesterday and cleaned up the back quarter of the bay. 
- Still need to do my weekly review -- something I've gotten out of the habit of doing, and it's important for the overall success of GTD to do one. 
- I dug dandelions twice this week.  I need to check the weather to find when we're likely to get rain and spread some fertilizer on the lawn.

Health:
- I rode the recumbent bike, on custom 1 setting, which increases resistance one level until it maxes out then it decreases the same way and tapers off to a light load to finish out program.  I call it the peak setting.  I rode for minutes, and max heart rate was only 151 (calculated max heart rate for me is 170).  Average heart rate was 143.  That's a good thing, but my knees were killing me for the next three days. 
- Reading through The Mouth Trap: The Butt Stops Here by Pam Young.  I'm on Chapter 4.  It's meant as a guide.  I don't have to implement everything she suggests (but, like most things, the more you buy into it, probably the better it's supposed to work).  I am doing a good job of taking smaller bites and chewing more times per bite.  I'm trying to compete with myself to see how small I can make the bite.  This does help.  I'm getting better flavor from food (well, duh!).  I think I'm still eating almost as much, but I think I'll get a handle on that.  My goals for this week in this regard are not to eat after 8PM, and to eat one serving size at a time.  I'm also planning to use the two worksheets that go with the book -- The Consumer Report (a fancy name for a food diary sheet) and a progress report.  I'm not wild about these things, but I'm going to give them a go.  I'm also contemplating the idea of activating my Weight Watchers membership again.  My doctor did suggest it.  Will talk with hubby about this when he gets home from seeing the kids tomorrow afternoon -- it affects him in some ways, and we need to see how we can best make it work.
- I signed up for Walk Across Texas (http://walkacrosstexas.tamu.edu).  It's just a place to record activity, but the goal is to do a virtual walk across Texas in a year.  Anyone can sign up, so if you're interested, head on over.
 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Got the weekly review done.

Post a Comment