Saturday, January 10, 2015

Arctic Week

Our annual week of chilliness has settled into Texas.  We may have a few more, and as long as we avoid the teens, I'm okay with this. It don't care about the teens, but my stupid water pipes in this house seem to have problems, and I'm afraid the next time one of the plastic nightmares freezes and breaks, it won't be in a place we can easily cap off or repair. I have a strong preference for cast iron pipes. Sigh. Only the old plumbing in this house is cast iron, and there isn't very much of that (basically, to the kitchen sink).

Still on track for my goals this week, except for Geeks. I haven't opened that and gotten to work on it yet. I'm still trying to come up with a short story. My main character has had gender reassignment and it experiencing problems from her co-workers (yes, an odd topic; I don't know where it came from). It didn't start out very dark, but it's getting there. We'll see how this goes.

I worked on the GIMP class but haven't finished it yet.  I did get the new cover for Polar Bear on the Loose from my cover designer, and I like it very much.

I didn't do any FM work this week.

I did accomplish the following:
  • Ride recumbent bike
  • Inventory boxes of glass (four more to go)
  • Annual exams and shots for Ajax and Natasha
  • Retrieved game camera from ranch, turned off the feeder, and laid some rock in a water feature
  • Oh, my God, we have wild hogs in droves. Planning a hog hunt for later this year.
  • It looks like the big bucks were harvested in hunting season.  We only had does and a couple young bucks at the feeder this month. And squirrels, raccoons, and an armadillo!
  • I got some PLF material downloaded and worked more in Duolingo (did you see you can begin learning Swedish now?).
  • Used my Magic Bullet to make some fruit smoothies

The Week Ahead:
  • Work on Geeks
  • Continue GIMP class
  • Continue to ride the recumbent bike and inventory glass
  • Work on the Wildlife Management report
  • Help Mr. L as needed
  • Go Buckeyes! O-H-I-O!
  • Work on short story. Try to finalize and get feedback this week.
  • Expand smoothie repertoire.
  • Work on the troublesome lunch and afternoon snacking problem
Feeling better this week than last.  Absolutely no reason that I can tell, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment