Saturday, January 24, 2015

Good Thing I Like to be Alone!

'Cause it's lonely here at Createslate. Everybody is off doing their thing and not hanging out here. But I can talk to myself. It's okay. I like to do that!

Other than some horrendous knee pain, whole leg pain if the truth be told, for a few days this week, the week has gone well. Stephen helped me pull together a cat story for BSF. I found an old poem that has potential, and Gail is working with me on that. The next revision for Polar Bear on the Loose is under way, and I'm confident I'll get the story nailed this time. Geeks, however, is paused. I must do extensive work to get Inuit into shape, and I just can't work on both at once.

I believe the knee pain was brought about by overdoing on the recumbent bike.  Silly me.  Level 2 for ten minutes was no problem, so I thought I'd move up to Level 3 for ten minutes. That didn't work. The next day, the left leg was not working in dramatic and painful ways. I've done some stretching and heat and ice, and it calmed down and returned to its normal pain level. I was able to sort of ride at Level 1 for 20 minutes yesterday. That's the prescription for keeping the knee lubricated and mobile. I added the ten minutes of "cardio" in the middle to work the heart. It does not do my heart good to have my legs in excruciating pain, so I'll work that a little slower.

I found better apps for prayer and meditation.

I started the winter yard work, but then the knee pain overturned those efforts. I didn't look at the Wildlife Management Report or the GIMP class. I did try a couple different smoothies and stuck to my calorie goal all week except for going a little over tonight when I added avocado slices to my sweet potato with dinner. Other than that, I'm back in the zone for now. I finished the glass inventory (including the five more boxes I found today) and evaluated what I want to get rid of. I have about half of those pieces located and separated from the pieces I want to keep. I'm confident I can finish this task before the end of the month.

The Week Ahead:
  • Heading to San Antonio to get the mail and get some cash this week.
  • Check with my optometrist's office about new frames -- my nose piece bent when I was cleaning my glasses last week, and I'm afraid it may be suffering metal fatigue and be about to break. I'm going to see if I can get a replacement pair. My prescription has changed slightly, so I may consider new lenses, too.
  • I need to rake acorns while I'm in San Antonio
I know Wendy's being eaten by bugs in Florida. I hope y'all are doing well. Stephen's probably on Cloud 9 somewhere after the transfer of power at Ada Writers. Tammy, hugs to you.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Glad you figured out the deal with your knee. That's got to be more than a little annoying.

I figured out I was being eaten by fire ants. The bite pattern matched the shoes I wore a lot. BTW, hand sanitizer works great on ant bites, as does Benadryl spray. Seems like hand sanitizer is better for fresh bites, and Benadryl for when they're a couple days old.

Post a Comment