Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thanks for the Company!

I'm glad to see Wendy made it back from Florida, and Stephen is enjoying he new-found freedom by picking up a new responsibility (nature abhors a vacuum). Tammy is out there, and I'm sending her hugs.

The trip to San Antonio went well. I got the red oak half of the front yard raked and the leaves and acorns (many of them) bagged and out for the trash -- 12 bags worth. After the rain from a few weeks ago, I drained excess water out of the hot tub. The mail arrived (and it was all ours this time!), including, eventually, the two bills I needed.

I got cash, added more money to the credit on the water bill, and found out my glasses frames are still available. The wonderful Tess ordered them, and she'll put together an estimate for new lenses for me and give me a call to see what I want to go with.

We headed to the ranch last Monday with a load of broken bricks and other fill items to add to our effort to fill the water feature. Mr. L has almost one wheel track across it.

I finished my glass inventory and separated five boxes out for eventual sale. I wrapped up labeling the boxes today, and I'm on to the decluttering task for February: the dining room.

I finally got two books read this week. I got a wi-fi Kindle Paperwhite with Special Offers, just to see if I like it.  For $20, I can kill the Special Offers at any time, but, as other people have assured me, they have zero impact on reading, so I don't mind them. The Paperwhite screen is comfortable for reading. The lighting works well. I'm not fond the monochrome screen for shopping for new books or for perusing my existing library. The integration with Goodreads works pretty well.

No more short story ideas. I'm pleased with the poem I was working on last week, but I was unable to effectively convey the emotion necessary to make it marketable, so it's back on the shelf for now. I did get some work done on Polar Bear on the Loose

I'm thinking about dropping my Philosophical Meanderings blog and putting the few regular posts I do there on my main blog.

The Week Ahead:
  • Pay last two bills for February on Monday.
  • Physical therapy on Tuesday -- I'm interested to see what they will have me do
  • Request the referral from my primary care doc to the civilian orthopedist
  • See if I can get more time on the recumbent bike.  I could only manage ten minutes today before pain took over.
  • We have a mixed bag of rain and cloudy forecast for this week, but I'd like to get more winter yardwork done.
  • Choose at least one of the tasks I've been avoiding so far and get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment