Sunday, May 1, 2016

Almost vacation-like!

After a couple of busy weeks at work, I've found myself with a very light schedule for this week. It's been slower than I'd like, first because of Spring Break, and then because of the weather. When I did the schedule last week I decided to back off a bit and give myself Tuesday off. Then I forgot one of my coworkers was covering my shift last Friday, so when I sent her home, I gave her this Thursday. This puts me in the odd position of having about 14 hours on the schedule this week, depending on how long I'm there tomorrow to do paperwork. I'm looking forward to having some extra time on my hands and have started my to do list. If my boss asks why I'm not working much this week, I'll tell her that I'm taking advantage of the slow business to get things done at home. Besides, my co-worker who lost her sister needs to make up the time she missed so she can pay her bills. I'm not working to pay bills. I'm working to go back to Scotland. We are on target for August 2017.

We found out recently our church is planning a new church plant, and it's going to be in our area. This will be the second plant our church has done, and we're planning to join the launch team. It won't open before next year, but it's going to be exciting to be part of. The target area is right on the border of Really Great Area and Not So Great Area. I feel like if we learn toward Not So Great, we might be able to make a difference in some lives instead of shuffling church-goers from one place to another.

That's the excitement here. It's raining again, but that should clear out tonight. Hopefully the weather will be nicer this week and we'll get some business. But not so much that I get called in.




No comments:

Post a Comment