Monday, May 9, 2016

Life, life, and more life

It's a stressful three days for me this week. Appointments today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Wednesday's appointment is for my semi-annual diabetes, heart, health, kidneys, liver, etc., check up. They take a lot of blood and do a lot of painful poking. Not looking forward to it. It always leaves me exhausted.

But I have nothing planned for Thursday, so I will get to rest. I will need the time to recover. Of course, I won't learn anything while there. We have to wait for results. They will come next week.

Sunday afternoon, we had a good editing session. I felt it went really well, and it certainly fixed all my concerns about the story. I'm looking forward to our readers enjoying "Mage Hunt" by Wendy Blanton in Blackbirds Third Flight. It's a good story to anchor the entire anthology.

We should have several new authors with this book. I'm excited about working with the new authors as well as our growing stable of authors. Very cool.

In my personal writing...must we talk about it? I'm not doing much. Fighting in the swamp of personal concerns and fears. What is that old saying? "When you’re up to your neck in alligators, it’s easy to forget that the initial objective was to drain the swamp" That's how I've been feeling.

Still, I have many blessings. Remembering to concentrate on them...that's the rub.

Tomorrow, I will have one afternoon appointment that shouldn't be stressful other than taking two hours out of my day. Well, maybe less if I'm lucky. I hope to get some things done to make up for the complete loss of Wednesday and some of Thursday. I'm always hopeful that it won't be as rough as the previous times. That could happen. Miracles still do. What's that line from The Lion in Winter? "In a world where carpenters get resurrected, everything is possible." And that's very true.

Anyway, time to post this and head to bed. Have a good week. I'm in your corner. Always. There's enough sun for everyone.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I heard a story on NPR the other day. The speaker and her husband moved his father in with them. He was ill, cancer, I think, and he needed help with everyday things. He was bitter about losing his independence and it made the home very tense. Finally, she started asking him, first thing every morning, what he was grateful for. It took some time of pointing out things like the shining sun and so forth, but it brought him out of his depression. He died in their home and hung on long enough to wait for her to come home from a road trip so she could say goodbye. Gratitude is powerful. With gratitude and love, maybe we could turn the world around.

Post a Comment