Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

No.  I don't do any special celebrations for this "holiday."  I just like the phrase, and since it applies today, I'm using it.

The Good Stuff:
- The lawn is looking much better this year.  It's early yet, but I may have begun watering in time to get a better root system going.  We'll see how it fares while we're gone for a couple of weeks.
- The scraping on the west wall is coming along well.
- Mr Fig is doing well, and I'll get Ms. Peach from our neighbors when we get back from the trip
- We're packed and excited for the trip
- Got more work done on MAY DAYS -- I'll need to do some research on the Empire Builder part of the trip.
- I lost two pounds this week by purposely snacking less.

The Not So Good Stuff:
- My skin still hates me.  I'm wondering if my persistent rash on my hands will clear up while we're on the trip.  I can't tell what is not agreeing with me, but I'm plagued by itchy small welts on my hands -- more left than right (I'm left handed).  I suspect I'm hyper-sensitive to grasses, weeds, similar stuff since my earlier bout.  I mostly hope I'm not becoming allergic to cats.
- No work on PBOTL this week.  There won't be any progress on it until June.

The Week Ahead:
- Next week at this time, we'll be in LA.  We're set for a VIP Tour of Universal Studios on Saturday.
- Concentrate on not snacking during the trip (this should be relatively easy to do, but we'll get plenty to eat on the train -- train food is yummy).
- Looking forward to working on MAY DAYS on the train.  Will be trying to get the last few scenes plotted this week before we go.  It's looking pretty good.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I don't think I'm developing an allergy to the cats. They sleep with me, but my welts and itchiness is lower in the morning. Do I have to sleep in the grass to see if that's the problem? There must be another way.

Wendy said...

The last time I was tested for allergies was there at BAMC. I'm allergic to every tree & grass indigenous toTX. In effect, I'm allergic to TX. :-) I never had the skin symptoms though.

Post a Comment