Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wendy's Whirlwind Week

Crazy (in a good way) week. Mom and Aunt Shirley got to my house last Wednesday, and we left Thursday morning for Newport. We got here Friday after 25 hours on the road. (Not really looking forward to the drive back!) Since Saturday, we have toured The Breakers, Marble House, Chateau-Sur-Mer, The Elms (upstairs and downstairs--the Servant's Life Tour was great!), and Rosecliff. Yesterday we saw St. Mary's Church (where JFK and Jackie were married) and Trinity Church to give me an idea of the architecture. We have the Topiary Gardens and Kingscote to do today, and tomorrow we're taking a day trip to Martha's Vineyard. Friday morning we head home and should be back at my house Saturday. Driving has been an adventure. Old cities tend to have a lot of one-way streets, and Newport is no exception. I understand why, but I don't like them, especially when my Tomtom (with Darth Vader's voice) tells me to turn the wrong way on a one-way. It's been a good trip, though, and I think I might finally be ready to do some plotting on book 3. I'll check back in when I get home and settled back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment