Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jean's on Vacation

So it's mostly good stuff. I got about 350 words written on the train. I was goingto write some more the night before we pulled into LA, but hubby realized he didn't have (for some inexplicable reason)Friday's shopping points mapped out, so I helped him get the addresses loaded into his mapping program instead. None of them panned out, but he gets pretty stressed when his maps aren't right. We had a good VIP Experience at Universal Studios. I had a good Backstage Pass Experience as the San Diego Zoo -- hubby had a lousy museum day. I got to pet a bearcat as well as feed and pet a rhino and a kangaroo. Got to see some amazing clouded leopards up close as well as an Arctic Wolf, a Serval, and a Cheetah (and his companion dog Miley). Oh yes, and an amazing hornbill (I think that'swhat she was). San Diego got better for hubby when we toured W.T. Kirkman Lanterns. Some amazing stories there. We're back in LA tonight preparing to board the Coast Starlight to Seattle in the morning to kick off the second leg of our trip. One minor concern was the mild claustrophobia I experienced in the upper bunk on the way here. Hubby has offered to try sleeping up there, but I'm not sure how it will work for him. It's a little shorter than the. Lower bunk, and much firmer. I'm in constant pain when I try to sleep up there, so I'm not sure he will fare any better thani did. I'll try to report in again on Sunday night after I get back from Val's. I'll tell her hello for all of you if you like. (I have my copy of Rainbow's End for her to sign.)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Give Val a hug for me! I'm going to miss ACFW this year, so I won't see her. Have a great time on the next leg of your journey!

Tammy Jones said...

Yes, please tell Val I said hi!

Sounds like a great time, overall, especially the zoo!

Btw, how does a person become a VIP or get backstage passes like that?

Jean said...

Tammy, it's easy. Pay the money. Both are a little pricey, but both were good tours.

SBB said...

The zoo sounds great! I'm glad you're having a good trip. Take lots of photos.

Post a Comment