Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wendy's Week

Pretty good week, all things considered.

Good stuff:
- Writing went better. Increased my daily average a tiny bit and closed the week at 13,708. I did try for the 292 words to break 14,000, but I just didn't have it in me yesterday.
- Made progress on the plot, so I know more or less what I'll be writing this week.
- Planted tomatoes and peppers outside. I raised them from seeds, so I hope they live. And produce.
- Alex is home for a couple of weeks. He's taking a class in June, and then he'll be back for July and part of August. Vicky's last exam is Tuesday, and I may not see her until then. She's been working a lot and is all but living with her boyfriend. She comes by occasionally on her lunch break, and we go out to dinner on Tuesday nights.
- Went with Eric and Alex to see The Avengers. Really good movie, but the bit after the credits was a disappointment.
- Finally checked out the big farmers market in St Louis. I'm kicking myself for not going sooner. It's very much like the European markets, where you can buy produce, fresh meat, cheese, clothing, shoes, flowers, and sometimes live animals.
- Swam 4 times.
- Did fairly well cutting bread. It didn't take as much thought as I thought it would once I got alternatives into the house.

Not so good stuff:
- Still not doing a great job balancing writing with housework. I've got the writing part of my schedule down. Now I need to work regular cleaning into the mix instead of doing a bit here and there when I'm not doing something else.
- Not as prepared, plot-wise, for the research trip I'm leaving on next week. I had hoped to have the story, at least the big points, sketched out, but I still only have vague ideas. Maybe they'll come when I'm there.

This week (and next week, since I'll be gone):
- Get regular exercise. I don't really think this will be a hardship while I'm away.
- Pack.
- Clean up the house. Again.
- Write as much as possible. I have under 7,000 words to break 50k, but the book won't be done. It might be close.

3 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

sounds like a great week, Wendy! When you figure out how to balance home and writing, let me know, willya? It seems like focusing on one makes the other suffer. {{huggs}}

Wendy said...

Exactly my problem. I have found that there are good and bad times for me to write. Between 9 and 11 a.m. are generally productive, and I can tell when it's 2-ish in the afternoon because my focus shuts off like a light switch. I get some clarity back in the evening. In a nutshell, the good times are for writing, and the not focused times are for cleaning, although I end up on the couch more often than not!

Tammy Jones said...

My best writing time is 6pm to 2 am. But I can't *do* that because I babysit until at least 9pm, so I get a late start, and I have to get to bed early enough to get up in the morning around 8am, so I can't stay up late, and that means, mostly, I don't write hardly at all.

Grumble.

And, yeah, if I could get off my lazy butt I'd get more housework done, because I don't really need to think much while doing it. lol

Post a Comment