Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ahhhhhh....

Rain.  Steady, comfortable rain.  We've been getting it all day, and it's so welcome.  The front stretches from Dallas to below San Antonio, so thanks to Mother Nature, we've gotten a wonderful amount of watering done on the yards today at all the properties.  The rain has moved out of San Antonio now, but we're due to get some light drizzle for the next two hours or so.  For once, we got the wide part of the rain band.

The Good Stuff:
  • Got to see the kids this weekend.  Had a nice visit with them. Delivered a bicycle hubby refurbished for our granddaughter to use at college.
  • We got a bonus excitement.  Wednesday night, I learned my brother and his family were going to be at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine for the weekend.  My sister-in-law's boss had gotten box seats at the Rangers game and rooms at the lodge for his employees, so it was an office outing for them.  I said, "Hey!  We'll be in town too, any chance we can get together?" We arranged to meet for breakfast Sunday morning.  Loved seeing them after two years.  Brother, sister-in-law, three kids, sister-in-law's mother, sister-in-law's sister, and nephew's girlfriend.
  • I got a very little done on PBOTL
  • I did get some research done on EBay
  • Did some sorting -- made a good sized bag of trash
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I didn't ride the bike at the motel this weekend. I did exercises two out of three days.
  • I should have done more work on PBOTL than I did
 The Week Ahead:
  • Followup appointment with my osteopath on Monday. Adjust my stretching per his direction
  • Of course more work on PBOTL
  • Finish sorting the four boxes in the blue room and get them put away
  • Go to San Antonio for the weekend for the memorial celebration for hubby's friend who died in August
  • While there, finish the tub drain repair and make progress on the new support bracing for the toilet. (These are under house jobs hubby needs me present for as a safety observer.)
  • Ensure Hershey preparations are put in motion.

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Yay for rain, yay for seeing family, just yay, yay, yay!!

SBB said...

Glad you got rain. We got a little. We need rain, rain, rain!

You got some done on PBOTL. I think you should be proud of that. Yes, maybe not as much as you wanted, but you didn't let resistance stop you. You got some words. Good for you!

I've always been interested in using EBAY to sell some of my stuff, but have never done so. I'll be interested to see how it goes for you.

Post a Comment