Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Camp kitchen

Because you asked so nicely, here are pictures of the kitchen. I thought I had a photo of it assembled, but apparently I don't, so you'll have to see it in pieces for now. I have it set up in the dining room so I can put a coat of varnish on it. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the whole thing when it's done so I can post what it looks like assembled.
This is the base part closed,


and open. The white pot is actually my new chamber pot. Trust me, rain makes it less than preferable to have to leave to use the facilities!

Next section, which doesn't look like much,

until you open it. The dividers are removable.

The main "pantry" section

partially unpacked. It was crammed full of food, and I had cups and a small jar of peanut butter in the small bottom cubbies.

And the bread box with a basket on top. Two, actually.

Also pretty empty now that I've taken out the bread. Sorry, we needed it for breakfast this morning!


3 comments:

Jean said...

Thanks! These are wonderful. I know it's late to say this, but I could have brought you a chamber pot -- there was one in the furniture store stuff. Oh, well, I guess we may have a use for it sometime, too, although we have several.

It will be so nice to be able to keep your kitchen stuff and non-perishables in there between trips. Pack the kitchen in the van, unpack, and return to the van when you're done, then store. Everything nearly ready to go.

Tammy Jones said...

VERY, VERY cool!! It'd even be useful in a modern kitchen!

SBB said...

Those looked great! Did y'all build them? I'm impressed.

Post a Comment