Monday, September 3, 2012

Wendy's late week

We went to visit the parents in Michigan for the long weekend. It was worth the long drive. I got to see my brother, and he behaved like a grown-up. So did I. ;-) Dad taught Eric to shoot a muzzleloader, which is much more involved than people think.

Good stuff:
- Mom, Eric and I went to the Michigan Renaissance Festival on Saturday. We did some shopping (Eric's Christmas present was the easy one this year), and the added bonus was seeing Tartanic, a bagpipe band we like. We had no idea they were going to be there. We bought some CDs and had them autographed, and I had my picture taken with one of the drummers. You probably saw them on Facebook.
- Talked to my parents about the importance of knowing how to text in case of emergency. They were far more receptive to it than I thought they would be.
- Got a lot of sewing done. The petticoat is finished, and the jacket should be with a few more hours' work. I hope. I didn't get into my sewing basket for the trip because it wasn't done enough.
- I swam and ran a couple of times each.
- Inventoried camp gear to make sure we have enough seats and dishes.
- Coordinated with the scribe for the rendezvous. She's set up our ceremony for public participation/viewing in the tavern tent, which I think is hilarious considering we got married in a Presbyterian church and couldn't have wine at the reception in the church basement. Not that it mattered at the time. I wasn't old enough to drink. It is quite appropriate since we're going Colonial Scottish. The reception is private, thank goodness, because I don't want to feed everyone who comes to the ceremony!

Not So Good Stuff:
- My diet was deplorable while we were away. I don't even want to think about what the number on the scale is going to be tomorrow.
- Dug some larger size shorts out of the Good Will box. This is both good and very bad. At least my procrastination saved me a couple of bucks.
- I'm frustrated enough with Weight Watchers right now to think about quitting for a while. Anyone know anything about starvation mode? I'm in loss mode, and some days I don't eat all of my daily points. I never touch my weekly points, and I almost always have activity points left over. The website was less than forthcoming, but I didn't have a lot of time to wade through it last week. The reason I haven't quit yet is that I feel like I should have some kind of plan in place before I do. No matter what I do, I need to drop another ten or fifteen pounds. I'm pretty sure it's not stress anymore. I'm supplementing B vitamins and feeling calmer.
- The cats are alternately clingy and not talking to me for leaving them over the weekend. They'll really be irritated when I leave them for a week!
- Didn't get much writing related stuff done. Hope to tackle that this week.
- My bard mentor ended up staying home in Kansas City to dog sit for a friend in the hospital. We'll see each other at the end of the month at the Scottish Games, and he's planning to stick around for a few days afterward, so we might be able to connect then. 

This Week:
- Write (obviously)
   --Type in revisions on King Or Country, rework applicable spots
   --Work on the snowflake for the Gilded Age novel (working name is currently Tim)
- Sew (jacket)
- Stain the camp bed frame and get it out of the dining room
- Start getting clothing and gear together
- Start priming the upstairs bathroom. Now that Vicky is in the process of moving out, the Manson Family Bathroom is going to be redecorated. (Note to self: take Before pics)
- Rearrange garage to better store camp gear and other crap. I mean stuff.
- Run/swim at least 4 times.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I think you hit it when you said starvation mode. This may not make sense, but you might need to eat MORE. If you're not getting all your points and not touching your weekly points, you're not getting enough to eat, so your body thinks it's starving and has gone into conservation mode.

Eat more -- be sensible, don't demolish an entire chocolate cake with icing, but choose some balanced protein, with some good carbs -- offset some of the carbs with nice fiber content. Make sure you get your points and splurge into your weekly points allowance a time or two.

After a little bit, your body will realize you're not trapped on a remote island somewhere, and it will release some of that stored stuff. This is especially important because you've stepped up your exercise, so you're going to be maintaining that muscle instead of going to flab. (That's what my body fat scale says is happening for me anyway.)

Post a Comment