Monday, September 3, 2012

Digging out

I mostly spent last week digging myself out of the piles of papers and chores that had accumulated during the frentic publishing process over the past two months. I had a break because we're waiting for the proof of On Target: Devotions for Modern Life. The book proof should arrive Tuesday, and everything will start up again.

I've been working on the Many Rivers Harbor website. It's currently hosted free HERE. Eventually, it will move to its own domain. It's a work in progress. If you can drop by, I would appreciate your feedback. I'm especially proud of the Online Bookstores page. I finally got all the spacing and formatting the way I wanted them.

A man contacted me about publishing his autobiography. Haven't made up my mind to do it or not. It would be major money, but also major work. His life is interesting, but the book needs hours and hours and hours of editing. And I think he has inflated expectations of the sales potential of the book. I feel cautious about it, but I'm considering it. The contact will need to be iron-clad, though.

This week, I plan to:
- Deliver book proof to author when it arrives, and it should arrive Tuesday.
- Catch up on chores. Seriously.
- Read above mentioned autobiography and make decision about publishing it.
- Walk at least three times at gym.
- Watch diet better. Have slipped over the last two months.
- Work on Tales of Bethlehem, which will be MRH's next book if I don't accept the autobiography.
- Continue to work on MRH's website. Can you think of things I should add there?
- Publish the September family newsletter.

And that's it. Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I think the site looks good.

Hang in there on the diet. You've made so many positive changes, you don't want to lose ground.

Post a Comment