Monday, March 11, 2013

Empty

Shouldn't have bragged about how well Murder by the Mile was going. The writing god was listening and decided to punish me for my pride. How oh how can writing be this hard? How can it hover in the front of my mind day after day and yet no usable words result? It astounds me. What is even more perplexing is that I don't give up. I can only say that I've never been known for my wisdom.

Last week:
- Struggled with MBTM.
- Did household chores.
- Conducted writers group meeting, which went better this time.
- Had a visit from my sister and nephew. I greatly enjoyed spending time with them. I got some bonding time in with my nephew who is a megamind, but shy and quiet. He really opened up to me, particularly after I started talking about comic books and anime that I enjoyed. "You're actually cool," he said, sounding more surprised than was really polite, but I took the compliment anyway.
- Fighting a cold and woke up Sunday with sore throat and aching all over. Slept most of the day and feel some better.

Been empty this week. Empty of talent, empty of hope, empty of effort. Black dog has me.

This week:
- MBTM. MBTM. MBTM.
- Household chores, including laundry.
- Pay bills.
- Lunch with a friend on Wednesday.
- Renew my car's tag.
- Go to water department and pay bill.
- Continue to declutter the garage.
- Fight this cold with Vitamin C, rest, hot tea, soup, and fluids.
- Fight the black dog unceasing.

Hope you have a wonderful week filled with writing and happy things!

1 comment:

Tammy Jones said...

I'm sorry you're sick, sorry things get so hard. Arrgh. {{huggs}} At least you got some stuff done and spent great time with a nephew!

More {{hugs}}. Hang in there. It's almost spring. :)

Post a Comment