Saturday, March 16, 2013

Forgive and Forget

For the third time this week, Rossie has asked us to pet her.  Maybe some progress?

The Good Stuff:
  • Earlier this week, I reached down to pet Ajax and Ruby.  Rossie came over to investigate, and she sniffed my hand.  I petted the other cats; Rossie rubbed her head on my hand.  I petted Rossie, then petted the other cats.  For several minutes, Rossie enjoyed being petted.  Then she did the same thing Thursday night when I reached down to pet Ajax in the kitchen.  Rossie came through the rungs of the kitchen chair to get her some petting, and she even let Mr. L. pet her.  Today, when we got home from Houston, again, Rossie asked to be petted.  Most of the time, we can't approach her, but she's definitely taken the approach that she does like her petting -- on her schedule.  That's fine.  She just might forget she's a wild cat pretty soon.  We'll keep "taking it away" from her.
  • About five years ago, Mr. L. found a kitchen table and a couple of chairs at a yard sale.  He bought two more chairs to complete the set at a super HEB (local grocery chain for Texas). They've been working well, but the chairs are the cheap kind held together with staples and pins.  They've started coming apart, so we looked for a replacement this weekend.  On the way back from Houston, we passed an antique store.  I didn't want to go in, but Mr. L turned around and went back. Lo and behold, we found a walnut table and six oak chairs that will work just fine in our kitchen, and the oak chairs will augment my oak dining room table very nicely if ever needed.  These, of course, are not a matched set, but my antique furniture is turn of the century tiger oak, and Mr. L's furniture in Victorian Eastlake walnut, so it's perfect for us.
  • Got the morning pages, tracking, and bike riding done this week.
  • I'm mostly over that nasty cold. Just a few vestiges of cough remain
  • Lady is doing well in her vet follow-up visit and the doctor wants to see her again in 30 days to make sure she's still recovering.  We discovered two kittens didn't get their shots when they got spayed, so we got that rectified.
  • Only one small curtain was knocked down while the cats ruled the house over the weekend, and a little litter from one box was scattered on the floor (they get a little exuberant when they bury sometimes)
  • I decided not to get collars to Ruby and Delta.  I just can't put a collar on a cat.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I'm eating too much
  • My knees are bothering me (those two things might be related)
  • Didn't get as much done to get ready for the yard sale as I would have liked
  • Got a little more done on Cat Eyes but did not complete my draft.
The Week Ahead:
  • If the weather stays on the good side, we'll head to SA this week to complete some tasks that need to be done at the house.
  • Continue work on Cat Eyes.
  • Find three more cat carriers.
  • Continue reading, tracking, exercising, and morning pages

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

I'm so glad Rossie is warming up to you guys. Yay!!

Congrats on the chairs, on feeling better, on most all of it.

You can get back on your food plan. Just have to put your mind to it. {{hugs}}

Wendy said...

I need to get back on my food plan, too. I am glad you're feeling better. Hope the cough goes away soon.

Give Rossie some time. She'll come around. Chloe went from 'don't touch me' to snuggle kitty. Of course, she's about 10 years old, so that could be senility kicking in, too!

Post a Comment