Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Past midnight

It's past midnight on Monday. I guess that makes it Tuesday. Didn't want to go to sleep without posting here. Sharing a bit as it were of my life these days.

Been bitterly cold here. Wind chills in the twenties and teens. The cold creeps into my little house. Makes my bones ache. I'm so ready for summer. I fear the drought, but I need warmth. And sweet, sweet sunlight.

If you've followed the hutch story, you know I've been organizing my working space. I'm  proud of how it turned out. Here's what it looked like before:


Yes, that pile of clutter is where I worked. Until I took that picture and studied it, I didn't realize how limited my work space really was. I was actually shocked. Still, I produced five books and countless articles and newsletters there. So it worked.

Here's the same space with the new hutch:


I still have a few things to throw away or donate to the library, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I had to replace that lamp because it didn't fit anymore, but I don't think I will need to do anything else. And it feels like I have so much space to work now. I wish I had done this years ago.

Inertia, you know. The tendency to stay put, to let things stay the way they are, even though something better might be possible. Got to remember to embrace a few new things each week. Or at least give them a try.

I've also been working on my News at Three. It's a daily "positive" news note on Facebook. No particular reason other than it forces me to review my day and find something good in it, either for me or for my friends. The response has been good. I'll keep it going until people lose interest.

Building and installing the hutch, working on various blogs, chasing some new publishing clients, doing household chores, and naturally working on Murder by the Mile ... that was last week for me. Oh, Saturday morning, we had our writers group meeting. It's going well. They are in the learning mode that I had hoped for. I hope I can help them sustain it until it becomes the norm.

This week:
- Publish March family newsletter.
- Household chores.
- Work on MBTB.
- Catch up on my postings on my blogs.

I hope you have a great week. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Jean said...

The new desk layout looks marvelous. (I'm sorry -- I thought I'd commented here last week, but I must have done it in my mind and not translated it to the page.)

I'm thoroughly enjoying your News at Three postings. Thank you for the positive news.

SBB said...

I'm very pleased with the new layout, Jean. It's really made a difference in my efficiency and drive. I hope I keep it that clean!

And thank you! News at Three was just a whim, but I seem to have found an audience. I've decided I'll go on with it as long as I get some "Likes" each time.

Post a Comment