Sunday, November 10, 2013

Life in all its bleak and wonderful glory

Sorry I've been gone. No good reason other than I simply didn't post. Should have. Didn't. There's probably some deep-seated reason for that, but I'm kind of tired of introspective right now. Maybe tired of me. I need to get out more and see some sights, take in what's left of the season's sun.

This is the first year in eight that I didn't do National Novel Writing Month. I considered it right up to November 1, but decided not to. Seemed more stress than I felt up to, but I miss it and I hope I will be back next year. 

On Saturday, November 2, I went to Author's Day at the Duncan Public Library in Duncan, Oklahoma. That was a good time. I met other authors and enjoyed shoptalk. Sold some books and used my PayPal credit card reader for the first time -- it worked wonderfully. The money was in my account in minutes. Awesome.

The following Tuesday -- this past Tuesday -- I went back to the doctor. No real news. We're staying the course. Just adjusted the meds a bit more. Overall, I'm doing better. More energy than before, although nowhere close to 100 percent, but better. Still having bouts of dizziness, but fewer and I'm learning what triggers them and how to handle them.

Thursday and Friday, I worked on publishing Red Bird Woman by Gail Wood. It's a beautiful book of stunning poetry. I'm proud of it and glad to add it to the Many Rivers Harbor line. 

Saturday, I attended the writers group meeting and gave the program based on the 2014 Guide of Self Publishing (Writer's Digest Books). It was well received, particularly the page of resources that I shared with them. I'm going to post the resources on the group's webpage and will let you know when it's there. You might find some of the sites and books useful.

Today, I watched church on TV, ate lunch, napped, and attended a smorgasbord at the local Catholic church this evening. It's their main fundraising event for the year, and they will serve three or four thousand people. The line was long, and I got a bit dizzy, but I was able to sit down and did okay after that.

And now I'm posting on Createslate. So you're caught on the past several days. What's coming up this week?

Doing chores. Promoting Red Bird Woman. Getting a few words -- any words -- on Murder by the Mile. Posting a few times on The Books of Stephen B. Bagley and 51313 Harbor Street. Taking my meds. Slowly starting to exercise again. Publish a family newsletter. Keep my head above water enough so that I can enjoy life in all its bleak and wonderful glory. That's enough.

Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

{{hugs}}

I know it's not great yet, but it does sound like you're doing better. I'm glad your talk went well, that you're working on publishing more books for people you know, and that you're getting out and doing things. That really is good news!

More {{hugs}}

SBB said...

Thanks for the support and hugs, Tammy! :) And I do think getting out helps my mood and my overall health. I just hate having to rest all the time.

Jean said...

I like the fall background. Thank you. Congratulations on publishing Red Bird Woman

For anyone reading, I thought I'd posted last week, but obviously not. I was on cellular access, and on Saturday night, I got a 75% data usage alert, which I sort of expected, and thought, "Good, we're fine until we get back to Central TX on Monday and through the week when data rolls over on the 17th." Half an hour later I got the 90% usage text. Yikes! I shut down cellular data on my phone, and I won't be turning it back on until the 17th (Mr. L's data usage is minimal, so he's fine with his left on). I was at Panera last Sunday, but I guess I forgot to update here. Rather than do an update this late in the week, I'll catch up on the weekend.

SBB said...

I thought a new background would be nice for the season. And thanks. I'm very proud of how the book looks. Lovely cover and clean design with a few flourishes inside. I'll be interested to hear your reaction.

Post a Comment