Friday, November 22, 2013

Pre-mayhem

The house is as ready as it's going to get. The Boys get here tomorrow. Good thing I care more about the condition of the house than they do.

Good Stuff:
- I got a lot of cleaning and sorting done.
- Made a Good Will run.
- Word count as of tonight is 37,964. I did nearly 13,000 this week.
- The cats seem to be simmering down. Apparently, my prolonged presence is doing the trick.
- Re-read Catching Fire before I go to see it, hopefully in the next few days.
- Vicky volunteered to do the airport run for me tomorrow. In return, I'm cooking a roast and mashed potatoes for her. And the Boys, of course. And hopefully Alex. Still don't know when he's supposed to get here. Kids.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Caught a cold. Not a bad one, but enough to sap my energy. At least my nose isn't stuffy. That goes a long way toward making it bearable.
- While I kicked butt on word count, the cold slowed me down. Also, I was working off normal NaNo minimums, which means with the days I slacked off, I still need a little over 12,000 words this week. I really wanted to be closer to done by this time. I'm about to the point that if I don't make it, screw it. The only thing keeping me going is I really want to finish the book this year.
- Being single sucks. Stephen, I don't know how you do this day in and day out. I'm used to having help, or at least a cheerleader who comes home from work for dinner and tells me how good the house looks. If I wasn't committed to having Christmas here (and singing on Christmas Eve) I'd pack up the cats and go.
- Our tornado sirens went off at 5:15 this morning. It was a false alarm, thank goodness, but I couldn't go back to sleep after that. Must be a contributing factor to my pity party tonight. In fact, I can safely say that's when the 'single sucks' started.
- Still no news on Vicky's lease, but I haven't been pestering her for updates. That's the least of my concerns right now.

This Week:
- Hang out with Boys and kids.
- Fencing tomorrow! And lunch with my friend.
- Write, for pity's sake!

4 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

I hope everyone arrived safely and you have a fantastic thanksgiving with your family. Sorry about the cold, they always seem to pick the best times to arrive. {{huggs}}

I am VERY confident you can get all of your words. GREAT job!!

Jean said...

You are doing great -- house, word count, kitty comforter, fencing, time with friends. My God, woman! You are doing it all! No wonder you're exhausted. Take care of yourself and send that cold packing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

SBB said...

Well, I don't know how other singles handle it, but I try to maintain a positive attitude, count my blessings daily, and take recreational drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. Alcohol, too.

My cardiologist keeps telling me I can have four ounces of alcohol a day. It's beginning to sound more like a prescription than just information. I think I'm beginning to wear her down.

Wendy said...

A broke out the scotch last night, Stephen. Good grief, 4 oz? I could do that in wine, but 2 oz of scotch would do me in!

Post a Comment